Page 139 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 1444

Thread: 2018 Coach Staff Update

  1. #1381
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Fifty Lakes, MN
    Posts
    27,661

    Default Re: 2018 Coach Staff Update

    Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Explain the relevance.
    Its pretty easy. What you say on social media can have consequences. I will add--it matters not what the subject or intent. In this day and age of moral outrage nothing is a safe tweet.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

    When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

    It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

  2. #1382
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    9,270
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: 2018 Coach Staff Update

    Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Its pretty easy. What you say on social media can have consequences. I will add--it matters not what the subject or intent. In this day and age of moral outrage nothing is a safe tweet.
    Agreed, but that doesn't explain the context of the quoted tweet that specifically stated three types of unacceptable tweets. I'd also agree with the quoted tweet, but not that Entz, his wife, or Sproles, all of whom CAS has criticized, has done any such thing.

  3. #1383
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Fifty Lakes, MN
    Posts
    27,661

    Default Re: 2018 Coach Staff Update

    Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Agreed, but that doesn't explain the context of the quoted tweet that specifically stated three types of unacceptable tweets. I'd also agree with the quoted tweet, but not that Entz, his wife, or Sproles all of whom CAS was criticized has done any such thing.

    Really make no difference because the point remains the same. Now if you just want to argue then you can do the context dance etc etc etc.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

    When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

    It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

  4. #1384
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    9,270
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: 2018 Coach Staff Update

    Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Really make no difference because the point remains the same. Now if you just want to argue then you can do the context dance etc etc etc.
    Wow. Ok. I guess I'd disagree that it does matter. If you want to make a point that stands I'd argue you should provide relevant support.

  5. #1385
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Royalton, MN
    Posts
    1,140

    Default Re: 2018 Coach Staff Update

    Relevant to the point of the specific like of a very similar tweet would be nice. Similar time of day if possible?

    Probably not “relevance” since not exact, but ya know- something to discuss.

  6. #1386
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    234

    Default Re: 2018 Coach Staff Update

    Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    Relevant to the point of the specific like of a very similar tweet would be nice. Similar time of day if possible?

    Probably not “relevance” since not exact, but ya know- something to discuss.
    “Relevant” means something that supports his side of the argument only.

    Everyone should know that by now.

  7. #1387
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    932

    Default Re: 2018 Coach Staff Update

    Quote Originally Posted by Greta Van Herd View Post
    “Relevant” means something that supports his side of the argument only.

    Everyone should know that by now.
    Nailed it!
    We all declare for liberty; but in using the same word we do not all mean the same thing. With some the word liberty may mean for each man to do as he pleases with himself, and the product of his labor; while with others the same word may mean for some men to do as they please with other men, and the product of other men’s labor. Abraham Lincoln

  8. #1388
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    9,270
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: 2018 Coach Staff Update

    So to recap, no one is willing to claim that Entz, his wife, or Sproles did any of the things described in that tweet as unacceptable, but it is still relevant. It is unreasonable to see this as a contradiction.

  9. #1389
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Fifty Lakes, MN
    Posts
    27,661

    Default Re: 2018 Coach Staff Update

    Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    So to recap, no one is willing to claim that Entz, his wife, or Sproles did any of the things described in that tweet as unacceptable, but it is still relevant. It is unreasonable to see this as a contradiction.
    You just cant help yourself can you?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

    When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

    It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

  10. #1390
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    9,270
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: 2018 Coach Staff Update

    Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    You just cant help yourself can you?
    Right back atcha.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •