Page 93 of 145 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Coach Staff Update

Default Re: 2018 Coach Staff Update

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    I assume that’s a shot at Sam King. I was very good friends with Bob and the family. Sam had some great opportunities elsewhere if he wanted but wanted to come back to UND where he was a GA and had a relationship with the staff.

Also, ask the new WR coach what he thought of him and his potential as a college coach. He’d maybe tell you Sam did a better job as GA working with WRs than Pauly did just a few years ago.
    Where were the great opportunities? Mary? Dickinson?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I assume that’s a shot at Sam King. I was very good friends with Bob and the family. Sam had some great opportunities elsewhere if he wanted but wanted to come back to UND where he was a GA and had a relationship with the staff.

Also, ask the new WR coach what he thought of him and his potential as a college coach. He’d maybe tell you Sam did a better job as GA working with WRs than Pauly did just a few years ago.
    Not sure why your taking his comment as a shot at UNDs new coach. He was just pointing out Duluth has gotten their offensive staff gutted. I didnt realize he coached WR, his bio says grad assistant running backs.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by noryan34 View Post
    Nick is also the recruiting coordinator. It is possible that he loves that job because if he was DC I would think he would not be able to also be recruiting coordinator and coach a position, would be spread a bit thin in that instance.
    Given Entz's defensive background and our recent success in recruiting, I would argue that the continuity of keeping NG in that position may be more valuable to the program than moving him to defensive coordinator. The DC probably isn't taking on recruiting coordinator duties on top of the demands of that job.

Absolutely not a shot at the young coach, who I don't know. Clearly you do, and I wish him the best. Great start. One thing of note, GA's cannot recruit. So when you hire a GA, they haven't ever recruited before. It is more of an opinion about how these schools invest in football. Both schools hired a WR coach, one hired a the Offensive Coordinator, one hired the GA from WR's. I honestly don't know much about either coach. Other than reading their resumes. I hope they both do great.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Who coached special teams this year? Is there a possibility of having a special teams only coach?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by skolbizun View Post
    Who coached special teams this year? Is there a possibility of having a special teams only coach?

I think Roehl was special teams coach and think we are limited on the number of coaches we can have.

Quote Originally Posted by scbison91 View Post
    I think Roehl was special teams coach and think we are limited on the number of coaches we can have.
    Is that an fcs thing or money issue?

RedRiver is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Why so sensitive, I never thought that at all when reading what Burgundy said. I took it as more of the differences between the Bison and F'n Hawks football programs. One gets a OC to be the WR coach and one gets a grad asst. to be the WR coach.

Quote Originally Posted by skolbizun View Post
    Is that an fcs thing or money issue?

There is a number limit on coaches who can actually "coach" players under the NCAA rules. There is a grey area that bigger programs use where they bring in coaches as "analysts" who are not supposed to coach players. No idea how well it is enforced.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Yeah, Noah Pauley is coming to coach WR. Been the OC at UMD. Just killed it at UMD under his control. I really like this hire.
    what is the source for this...Not that i don't believe just looking to add it to the page