Page 104 of 114 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1136

Thread: 2018 Coach Staff Update

  1. #1031
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,052
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: 2018 Coach Staff Update

    Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Klieman isnt going to sign every player in Kansas City, just like were not going to sign every player in North Dakota, Minnesota, or Wisconsin. Only so many scholarships out there. But there will be more head to head battles we lose.
    Best thing we can hope for is that Klieman has Uber success....the more successful the program, the higher talented kid they will get.

  2. #1032
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    723

    Default Re: 2018 Coach Staff Update

    I understand this might not be the best place to post, but just saw Dan Enos is going to U of Miami to be OC. Was our OC/QB coach in '03.

  3. #1033
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Posts
    12,424
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: 2018 Coach Staff Update

    Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Klieman isnt going to sign every player in Kansas City, just like were not going to sign every player in North Dakota, Minnesota, or Wisconsin. Only so many scholarships out there. But there will be more head to head battles we lose.
    He will absolutely sign Easton Stick and Jabril Cox. I doubt we get tweener players anymore out of there.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

  4. #1034
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    15,404
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: 2018 Coach Staff Update

    Watched the press conference, and not sure anyone there was happier than Grant Olson. And he was one of the only guys who talked about how he is going to miss his old players......if he has the brains, his character makes him a head coach in the making.

  5. #1035
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    23,799
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default Re: 2018 Coach Staff Update

    Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    He will absolutely sign Easton Stick and Jabril Cox. I doubt we get tweener players anymore out of there.
    There is more than 1 Jabril Cox and Easton Stick quality player in the entire state of Missouri and Nebraska. Dont forget, Craig Bohl actually got Easton to commit before Klieman re recruited him in the last month. There are tons of gems all over the place

    Klieman will have the ability to find gems nationwide including Oklahoma and Texas

    15X FOOTBALL NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! Since 1960, NDSU has more Football Championships than any team in the NFL , D1A, D1AA, D2 or D3
    1965-1968-1969-1983-1985-1986-1988-1990-2011-2012-2013-2014-2015-2017-2018

  6. #1036
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    672

    Default Re: 2018 Coach Staff Update

    Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    There is more than 1 Jabril Cox and Easton Stick quality player in the entire state of Missouri and Nebraska. Dont forget, Craig Bohl actually got Easton to commit before Klieman re recruited him in the last month. There are tons of gems all over the place

    Klieman will have the ability to find gems nationwide including Oklahoma and Texas
    Klieman will probably be recruiting higher level athletes than we are recruiting. Much different than bohl at Wyoming where it is the same type of player. Occasionally we might recruit the same guy but it won't be the norm.

  7. #1037
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Centennial, CO
    Posts
    5,621

    Default Re: 2018 Coach Staff Update

    The last position has been filled...

    Larson was the head coach at his alma mater, Division III Wisconsin-Eau Claire, the past three seasons after spending eight years as an offensive coordinator at Macalester (2008-12) and Minnesota-Duluth (2013-15).

    Larson coached running backs at the FCS level for two seasons at Colgate (2006-07), where he was promoted to special teams coordinator his final year and coached All-America running back Jordan Scott, the 2007 FCS rushing leader.



    https://gobison.com/news/2019/1/11/f...ota-state.aspx
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

  8. #1038
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    25,034
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: 2018 Coach Staff Update

    TP gets a lot of heat, some of it deserved but people do tend forget that success he had. Won two titles, two FBS wins and went undefeated with Stick when Carson went down which is a rather big chanage going from a QB that can do everything to a freshman. I'm sure Roehl will bring in some of what he did, along with stuff from Mess, Vigen and Perles.
    "We're gonna go ahead and pin the Bison as the most successful small-conference DI sports program in America." -SBnation

  9. #1039
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    955

    Default Re: 2018 Coach Staff Update

    One more reason to never move to New Jersey .... they have an exit tax. If you own a home in NJ, sell your house, and move out of state you incur a 2% exit tax. If you sell your home and just move in state, there is no tax.

    So if AJ Blazek owns a home NJ and sells it to come to ND, the cost of coming to NDSU is even more interesting vs staying at FBS Rutgers.
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

  10. #1040
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Temple of Ralph/Doom
    Posts
    5,627

    Default Re: 2018 Coach Staff Update

    Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    One more reason to never move to New Jersey .... they have an exit tax. If you own a home in NJ, sell your house, and move out of state you incur a 2% exit tax. If you sell your home and just move in state, there is no tax.

    So if AJ Blazek owns a home NJ and sells it to come to ND, the cost of coming to NDSU is even more interesting vs staying at FBS Rutgers.
    Here is Jersey, you don't just leave the family without us getting a piece of the action.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •