Page 102 of 145 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1445

Thread: 2018 Coach Staff Update

Default Re: 2018 Coach Staff Update

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Scholastically speaking, TR is probably the smartest coach on the staff. I have total faith in him that he will figure this out. By the way, he is also the one guy on staff who can call on Vigen, Mess, or Polasek for advice on scheme's etc. Couple that with his excellent relationship with Randy and he will be fine. I wish Bohl would have let Fuchs go 10 days ago. Coincidence that he waited until today???? I think not.

Fuchs is a Bohl guy, Blazek is an Entz guy. Would’ve been Blazek regardless

Quote Originally Posted by Olton Hall View Post
    I can't get excited over A.J. Blazek coming over to the Bison because Rutgers is just a horrible team and have been for decades. I've always said NDSU could beat Rutgers in football and people at work never believed me. The closest to proving that was when we beat Iowa and a banged up Iowa beat Rutgers the following week.
    There is a good possibility that Blazek did not have the players to work with. And losing that Iowa game 14-7 wasn't exactly a resounding defeat.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I read somewhere that Rutgers oline, despite playing for the terrible Rutgers, only have up 16 sacks or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    Amy is on the record saying she wants kids at some point
    That doesn’t necessarily have to interrupt her career.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Exactly. Helps Mom to stay down and avoid topping the ball because she has a lower center of gravity. It worked for my wife when expecting.

Let’s bring Scott Fuchs home! He can coach FB/TE there an extension of the offensive line in our offense!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Unless you don't feel like being away or dragging your kids with. I was left with the impression it was more a quality of life issue vrs how it might impact her game.
    But who knows how it all works out for them. I like their message and how they conduct themselves......cheering for their success.

Quote Originally Posted by MontBison View Post
    I’d bet a lot of money the offense is going to look more like what TP was doing and less like Mess
    I realized over time TP did a great job in most FCS games and against FBS teams like Iowa State and Iowa, but he struggled at times, especially against the better FCS teams. It seemed he could put togther a great game plan mixing it up with runs and passes against a team like Iowa, but then assume he could go vanilla and out muscle a team like JMU.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by MontBison View Post
    I’d bet a lot of money the offense is going to look more like what TP was doing and less like Mess
    I don't think TP was a bad positions coach. Only knock on the guy is he's not an OC. Big deal not for everyone. What does it matter that Tyler is his friend? I know former players who love Polasek and guess what he was Tyler's position coach. Hopefully he tells Tyler what not to do. Think it will buff out.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    I realized over time TP did a great job in most FCS games and against FBS teams like Iowa State and Iowa, but he struggled at times, especially against the better FCS teams. It seemed he could put togther a great game plan mixing it up with runs and passes against a team like Iowa, but then assume he could go vanilla and out muscle a team like JMU.
    TP’s biggest problem was that he couldn’t get out of his own way and was not smart enough to adapt on the fly. If his game plan was not working, he had no idea what to do.

OC was not his forte. I think he is doing exactly what he was meant to do. Be a position coach and recruiter.