Page 109 of 145 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1445

Thread: 2018 Coach Staff Update

Default Re: 2018 Coach Staff Update

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    Makes a guy wonder why they chose him. They were 7-23 under him in 3 year with their best year being 4 wins. The one bonus is he should have some good ties to Wisconsin recruiting where we have had some real studs come from.
    Being a head coach and a position coach is a completely different skill set. Besides, he had a great season by that programs standards. If you look at Steve Laqua and his early days at MSUM, you would think he is terrible. But he would be one of the best hires

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Depending on the last play, any given player could be the worst ever, best ever, pretty good, or forgettable.

THIS IS BISONVILLE!
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Being a head coach and a position coach is a completely different skill set. Besides, he had a great season by that programs standards. If you look at Steve Laqua and his early days at MSUM, you would think he is terrible. But he would be one of the best hires
    I'm not trying to imply he is terrible. Wondering if he has helped at some of our camps. I do trust entz with the guys he has picked. Like I stated previously, could be a great fit considering we have got lots of great players from Wisconsin and I'm sure he has lots of contacts there.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I sometimes wonder why more of our players don’t transfer to MSUM or even Concordia for more playing time.

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Son of a Bison View Post
    I sometimes wonder why more of our players don’t transfer to MSUM or even Concordia for more playing time.
    Listening to all the various coaches and player interviews over the last 2-3 weeks, the two/three overriding factors that seem most compelling for coming and playing for the Bison are (in order) the "family" atmosphere, fan support and winning tradition. These things appear almost UNIQUE to NDSU compared to any level of college football - Div III, Div II, FCS and FBS. Other schools have one or two, but rarely all 3.

It's just my opinion, but most other college football programs center around the current coach vs the program. NDSU appears to be program-centered which carries it from coach to coach. Other schools success live and die with the head coach personality. JMU may be an example.

Of course the Fargo dome, training facilities, conditioning programs are somewhat better than what MSUM & Concordia offer & fairly small prospects of getting any championship hardware at MSUM or Concordia.
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Am I the only one that gets a used car salesman vibe from the new OL coach?

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    Am I the only one that gets a used car salesman vibe from the new OL coach?
    He sounded excited, also probably a little goofy from driving from NJ.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    That makes sense, thought he might be deflecting/covering saying he chose ndsu over Rutgers. Sounded a bit cagey but could just be over tired.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBISON123 View Post
    Not really sure what is Randy Hedbergs role. He is Associate Head Coach/ Receivers coach. Who will coach the QB ???

Tyler Rohel himself said during the press conference he has not called a play since his coaching career at Moorhead highschool game. Not sure if he will succeed as a Offensive Coordinator at this level. This is a huge jump.

Something is not right.
    Name me one OC who had play calling experience before becoming the OC.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Bada Bing!

Lardsin must go!