Page 141 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 1445

Thread: 2018 Coach Staff Update

Default Re: 2018 Coach Staff Update

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    The university does have a person that monitors social media
    Well they must not be monitoring certain other disciplines... or they’re just chalking it up to freedom of speech, even if you are a director of a different area of study. I sure don’t like to see it. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfanette View Post
    Well they must not be monitoring certain other disciplines... or they’re just chalking it up to freedom of speech, even if you are a director of a different area of study. I sure don’t like to see it. Just my opinion.
    As a tenured professor, he has full freedom of expression, that's what tenure is for.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfanette View Post
    They don’t monitor personal accounts of faculty, and that’s what’s Sig’s FB account is....if it were the official GSMB account, that would be different...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    As a tenured professor, he has full freedom of expression, that's what tenure is for.
    What? You mean he could, for example (and to be clear, I’m not saying he’s doing this) go on social media and call minorities or religious groups all sorts of vile disgusting names, and not have employment repercussions over it?

Is that what you mean by full freedom of expression?

Not exactly.
    4. Academic freedom gives both students and faculty the right to express their views — in speech, writing, and through electronic communication, both on and off campus — without fear of sanction, unless the manner of expression substantially impairs the rights of others or, in the case of faculty members, those views demonstrate that they are professionally ignorant, incompetent, or dishonest with regard to their discipline or fields of expertise.
    https://www.insidehighered.com/views...ademic-freedom
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

I forgot how pedantic Bisonville can be. I would contend that he has freedom to express things that some posters here object to.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Greta Van Herd View Post
    What? You mean he could, for example (and to be clear, I’m not saying he’s doing this) go on social media and call minorities or religious groups all sorts of vile disgusting names, and not have employment repercussions over it?

Is that what you mean by full freedom of expression?
    Technically, it protects freedom of speech as it applies to teaching and research, though it sometimes gets distorted:
    https://www.aaup.org/issues/tenure

I forgot how pedantic Bisonville can be. I would contend that he has freedom to express things that some posters here object to.
    Absolutely, though the Century Code does limit your ability to express political views if you’re speaking as a university rep and not a private citizen...

Your use of the term “FULL freedom of expression” was a very pedantic term in and of itself. But then, you knew that when you said it, didn’t you.

And now, apparently, you’re changing your statement? Go figure.

Unless I have missed something it has been a few years since you have used that term. Or is that pedantic?
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix