Page 88 of 114 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast
Results 871 to 880 of 1136

Thread: 2018 Coach Staff Update

  1. #871
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,817

    Default Re: 2018 Coach Staff Update

    Quote Originally Posted by IBleedYellow View Post
    1. Hope our defense continues to play @ a high level. Not sold on Braun yet.

    2. Hope that Nick G stays around.
    Yeah, this kind of makes me wonder whether Goeser is really sticking around. To put it in context Braun was a grad assistant at Winona St in 2010 and that was when Goeser joined NDSU's staff. I'd say he's earned his shot. Then again maybe he's not interested in being a coordinator.

  2. #872
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,817

    Default Re: 2018 Coach Staff Update

    If Roehl is promoted to OC that would mean both coordinators are under the age of 35.

  3. #873
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Parkers Prairie, MN
    Posts
    730

    Default Re: 2018 Coach Staff Update

    With the freedom of information act, I'm sure we can find out how much the assistants are getting paid. I cant seem to find that anywhere. I know Klieman was big an getting pay increases for his assistants but I've never seen any concrete numbers for our guys.

    1. Does anyone actually know what we are paying these guys?
    2. Anyone ever submitted a freedom of information request?
    2018 - The Empire Strikes Back...... again... and again... and again.... and again...

  4. #874
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    3,398

    Default Re: 2018 Coach Staff Update

    Twitter clues have had Ryan Mahaffey a target for a while...

    http://wkusports.com/coaches.aspx?rc=398&path=football

  5. #875
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Posts
    12,424
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: 2018 Coach Staff Update

    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    If Roehl is promoted to OC that would mean both coordinators are under the age of 35.
    As a borderline Old, I endorse this.
    \_(ツ)_/

  6. #876
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Fargo, ND
    Posts
    2,747

    Default Re: 2018 Coach Staff Update

    Quote Originally Posted by IBleedYellow View Post
    1. Hope our defense continues to play @ a high level. Not sold on Braun yet.

    2. Hope that Nick G stays around.
    I am not understanding the Braun hire yet either...

  7. #877
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cedar Falls
    Posts
    315

    Default Re: 2018 Coach Staff Update

    Braun was at UNI for two years. Came to UNI after 3 years as a DL coach at UCD.

    Lost his job as the DL coach after one year and was moved to special teams and assistant LB coach. He did a good job as a ST coach for is last year. Hard to judge his LB job as that has been Farley and Jeremiah Johnson for 18 years.

    He could be a great DC for you guys. Wouldn't shock me.

    It does seem like a hell of a promotion for him. Special teams to DC.

    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

  8. #878
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Posts
    12,424
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: 2018 Coach Staff Update

    Quote Originally Posted by clenz View Post
    Braun was at UNI for two years. Came to UNI after 3 years as a DL coach at UCD.

    Lost his job as the DL coach after one year and was moved to special teams and assistant LB coach. He did a good job as a ST coach for is last year. Hard to judge his LB job as that has been Farley and Jeremiah Johnson for 18 years.

    He could be a great DC for you guys. Wouldn't shock me.

    It does seem like a hell of a promotion for him. Special teams to DC.

    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    I feel sorry for defensive coaches at UNI. Seems like they thrive after getting out from under Farley's bootheel.
    \_(ツ)_/

  9. #879
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    3,398

    Default Re: 2018 Coach Staff Update

    https://gobison.com/news/2019/1/9/fo...ordinator.aspx

    North Dakota State head football coach Matt Entz has promoted quarterbacks coach Randy Hedberg to associate head coach/passing game coordinator and tight ends/fullbacks coach Tyler Roehl to offensive coordinator for the 2019 season.

    NDSU has five assistants from the football coaching staff returning in 2019 including defensive tackles coach Nick Goeser, defensive ends coach Buddha Williams and cornerbacks coach Kody Morgan.

  10. #880
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    FCS Title Town
    Posts
    6,152

    Default Re: 2018 Coach Staff Update

    Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    With the freedom of information act, I'm sure we can find out how much the assistants are getting paid. I cant seem to find that anywhere. I know Klieman was big an getting pay increases for his assistants but I've never seen any concrete numbers for our guys.

    1. Does anyone actually know what we are paying these guys?
    2. Anyone ever submitted a freedom of information request?
    North Dakota State employees salaries are a matter of public record and open for everyone to see.
    "NDSU: CHEATING AT FOOTBALL SINCE 1965."
    "WARNING: I LIKE SARCASM, BUT RARELY USE PURPLE.
    I SHOULD USE IT MORE, BUT I CAN'T HELP MYSELF."


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •