Page 33 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Coach Staff Update

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2018 Coach Staff Update

Listening to the Dom signing show, 3 things jump out:

1. The fan base and support is extremely important to the recruiting effort!!! Fans, please take note - you COUNT - both at the tailgate and in the seats! --- see you in Frisco!
    2. The Bison tradition is extremely important to the recruiting effort ... more so that who specifically is HC - 55 years of winning tradition doesn't go unnoticed.
    3. The program (player lead) is extremely important - family atmosphere, players accountable to players, etc. Several interviewees said they visited other programs, but those programs just did not have the 'home feel" existing at NDSU.
    4. BONUS: Bison Camp is a big seller - probably a taste of coaching, the program, excellent experience, etc. that is NDSU Bison football.

It is truly amazing to see the offers the signees turned down to come to NDSU.
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

Listened to Coach Entz's press release at 2pm & later, listened to Kliemans. IMO Coach Entz was impressive... knew alot about each recruit and gave some specific info.
    Yes, I liked his comments about the "twins" and giving the athletes a year with Coach Kramer!

So how long until we finally find out who is staying for coaches? Now that the early signing is done I would think we will find out

Quote Originally Posted by Bison20 View Post
    So how long until we finally find out who is staying for coaches? Now that the early signing is done I would think we will find out
    Yes, and will the first post be updated, or do i have to comb through pages of posts to find the most up to date list? (asking for a friend, of course)
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Yes, and will the first post be updated, or do i have to comb through pages of posts to find the most up to date list? (asking for a friend, of course)
    Yes, I will update when there is a hard confirmation on who is staying.

Not that anyone cares anymore about Coach K.. but here is what ESPN said about his hire by KSU: Kansas State received an A-minus, the fifth-best grade. This is an excerpt of what Rittenberg wrote: “Klieman ... understands the player development and creative recruiting components that Kansas State needs, and is widely respected in the coaching industry. Kansas State needed someone with strong accolades as a program leader to take over for Snyder, a Hall of Famer. Klieman’s lack of FBS experience is a bit unsettling, but he should adjust soon enough.”

Read more here: https://www.kansascity.com/sports/sp...#storylink=cpy
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I like how the “lacking FBS experience” is such an issue. It’s like they think it’s a different game at the FCS level. Still football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will be interesting if anything will be said at the signing party tonight.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Klieman has a few of the otherworldly FBS division games under his belt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    I like how the “lacking FBS experience” is such an issue. It’s like they think it’s a different game at the FCS level. Still football.
    If an FCS coach coaches a team that consistently beats FBS teams, does that count as FBS experience?