Page 11 of 145 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Coach Staff Update

Default Re: 2018 Coach Staff Update

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Didn't see any talk about it on here
    Literally mentioned on the 3rd post of this thread. Also, extensively on the CK and ME threads.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I feel like Grant Olson is going to one of the spots, and I have no idea if the LB position coach is available at KSU or not, but it is here. I feel like this will happen quickly.

If it is true that we lose Riley and Klanderman.....that would mean we keep Messingham (which would SHOCK ME), Goesser, Buddha, Jay Ray, Tyler and Randy Hedberg...... and Entz would be in a great position. I am hoping to keep either Klanderman or Goesser and have them at DC. Both are very deserving. Again, I would be absolutely shocked if Mess doesn't go in some capacity to KSU. Things have to happen quickly. I wish this wasn't signing day week, as things are crazy. So much on the plate of both head coaches.

I really think Tyler ends up the OC, with Randy in his hip pocket. THey are a great team already. Riley is bigtime and everyone knows that. I am interested in who we fill the O Line coach with. I want SOME new blood on the staff. Grant would be great at LB coach...but some new blood is great...and CK did an amazing job bringing in new blood that fit. Messingham, Jamar Cain, Jay Ray, etc. An amazing job of replacing coaches after we lost some over the years.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    I feel like Grant Olson is going to one of the spots, and I have no idea if the LB position coach is available at KSU or not, but it is here. I feel like this will happen quickly.

If it is true that we lose Riley and Klanderman.....that would mean we keep Messingham (which would SHOCK ME), Goesser, Buddha, Jay Ray, Tyler and Randy Hedberg...... and Entz would be in a great position. I am hoping to keep either Klanderman or Goesser and have them at DC. Both are very deserving. Again, I would be absolutely shocked if Mess doesn't go in some capacity to KSU. Things have to happen quickly. I wish this wasn't signing day week, as things are crazy. So much on the plate of both head coaches.

I really think Tyler ends up the OC, with Randy in his hip pocket. THey are a great team already. Riley is bigtime and everyone knows that. I am interested in who we fill the O Line coach with. I want SOME new blood on the staff. Grant would be great at LB coach...but some new blood is great...and CK did an amazing job bringing in new blood that fit. Messingham, Jamar Cain, Jay Ray, etc. An amazing job of replacing coaches after we lost some over the years.
    Keeping Hedberg would mitigate any misgivings that can be had for Tyler's relative inexperience. I like that combination.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i think Mess stays for 1-2 years to help continuity (I think CK wants to Help Entz as much as he can while bring some assistance that can help teach right away) This also gives time for CK to see who on the KSU staff is good and who can go and when an opening happens he will bring Mess (next year or the year after) . Then Tyler becomes OC. This is great news for NDSU as with a new QB next year having Mess, Tyler and Randy all there will definitely be good.

A new OL coach now isn't the worst thing for us as we have experience and the new coach can hopefully mesh and continue the success.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Literally mentioned on the 3rd post of this thread. Also, extensively on the CK and ME threads.
    Not of Grant to KSU.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Not of Grant to KSU.
    So I learned a few minutes ago. I was talking about Grand to NDSU. see my sig.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Goeser, Klanderman, Mess, Riley

We need to keep at least ONE of those 4 or things might get a little shaky...

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    Goeser, Klanderman, Mess, Riley

We need to keep at least ONE of those 4 or things might get a little shaky...
    Not worried. This is a premier destination for coaches with a top 5% salary expectation.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'd say Roehl might be a good candidate to leave and experience another location, and actually might help him if option ever opens up for him to come back and be a HC here. But he might have to fight GO for that position as they're about on the same timeline.

Any word on GO coming back to NDSU? Maybe they wait until he gets DC at ISUb (or somewhere else?) to lure him home?

Edit: Sorry was still on page 2 or 3.
    Last edited by 1998braves64; 12-17-2018 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Should read the rest of the pages before I post

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post

Jamar Cain was a DC at Wyoming under Dave Christensen. Hes a fan favorite here too

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com