Page 139 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 1445

Thread: 2018 Coach Staff Update

Default Re: 2018 Coach Staff Update

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Explain the relevance.
    Its pretty easy. What you say on social media can have consequences. I will add--it matters not what the subject or intent. In this day and age of moral outrage nothing is a safe tweet.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Its pretty easy. What you say on social media can have consequences. I will add--it matters not what the subject or intent. In this day and age of moral outrage nothing is a safe tweet.
    Agreed, but that doesn't explain the context of the quoted tweet that specifically stated three types of unacceptable tweets. I'd also agree with the quoted tweet, but not that Entz, his wife, or Sproles, all of whom CAS has criticized, has done any such thing.

Agreed, but that doesn't explain the context of the quoted tweet that specifically stated three types of unacceptable tweets. I'd also agree with the quoted tweet, but not that Entz, his wife, or Sproles all of whom CAS was criticized has done any such thing.

Really make no difference because the point remains the same. Now if you just want to argue then you can do the context dance etc etc etc.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Really make no difference because the point remains the same. Now if you just want to argue then you can do the context dance etc etc etc.
    Wow. Ok. I guess I'd disagree that it does matter. If you want to make a point that stands I'd argue you should provide relevant support.

Relevant to the point of the specific like of a very similar tweet would be nice. Similar time of day if possible?

Probably not “relevance” since not exact, but ya know- something to discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    Relevant to the point of the specific like of a very similar tweet would be nice. Similar time of day if possible?

Probably not “relevance” since not exact, but ya know- something to discuss.
    “Relevant” means something that supports his side of the argument only.

Everyone should know that by now.

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Greta Van Herd View Post
    “Relevant” means something that supports his side of the argument only.

Everyone should know that by now.
    Nailed it!

So to recap, no one is willing to claim that Entz, his wife, or Sproles did any of the things described in that tweet as unacceptable, but it is still relevant. It is unreasonable to see this as a contradiction.

So to recap, no one is willing to claim that Entz, his wife, or Sproles did any of the things described in that tweet as unacceptable, but it is still relevant. It is unreasonable to see this as a contradiction.
    You just cant help yourself can you?

You just cant help yourself can you?
    Right back atcha.