Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Game 11: USD

Default 2019 Game 11: USD

USD just killed fading Youngstown State and lead the league in passing yards per game (both in gaining and giving up.) Austin Simmons can run and they have two good RBs.

Good test, but they play like Western Illinois so the defense is going to get some cardio in.

Default Re: 2019 Game 11: USD

This is probably another game where Trey Lance will be able to show off his arm. USD's run defense isn't bad allowing only 134.2 yards per came on 3.87 yards per carry (both top 50 in the FCS) but they're 121st in pass yards allowed per game at 298.5 and 102nd in defensive pass efficiency at 149.72. Lance and NDSU lead the FCS in passing efficiency.

USD has also had all sorts of problems with turnovers this year and are at -8 on the year. NDSU is at +12. Bison defense should have the opportunity for a few takeaways in this one.

Keep in mind: 2015, USD, and Carson Wentz. Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Western's offense is poor man's version of USD. Good to have the games back to back as the Bison D will have their tempo defensive scheme fresh in their minds.

They can put up points, but their defense is a mess. We'll own TOP just because of the nature of their offensive scheme, so a better metric is going to be limiting their reps. Keep their offense off the field and out of rhythm and things should be in hand pretty quickly.
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

As soon as the Bison get a comfortable lead in any remaining game I would have Cox and Tusca watching from the sidelines, riding bike and staying loose in case they need to come back in but very limited reps before playoffs. I think Trey Lance can come out a bit sooner as well. Wouldnt hurt to have Zeb Nolan get as many live reps as possible. A lot of simple ways to get hurt in football and it would suck to lose any of these guys for any reason.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    Keep in mind: 2015, USD, and Carson Wentz. Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it.
    That, like every other game that year Carson was part of that we lost, he played with an Injury that (probably) should have sidelined him.

Hopefully the coaches and trainers learned something from that.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    USD just killed fading Youngstown State and lead the league in passing yards per game (both in gaining and giving up.) Austin Simmons can run and they have two good RBs.

Good test, but they play like Western Illinois so the defense is going to get some cardio in.
    I dont see their defense stopping us

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU1980 View Post
    Yes, it's likely Trey will break his hand on a helmet and keep it quiet playing hurt the rest of the game.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So with Cox "questionable" I assume Kaczor is going to fill his roll? Merc and Kaczor at LB as I assume we'll be in nickel all game?
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

Quote Originally Posted by G_Funky View Post
    So with Cox "questionable" I assume Kaczor is going to fill his roll? Merc and Kaczor at LB as I assume we'll be in nickel all game?
    Kaczor has been dinged up lately too but he'd be a pretty obvious guy to step in since USD will go 3 and 4 WRs plenty.