Page 13 of 145 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Coach Staff Update

Default Re: 2018 Coach Staff Update

Kolpack: "Assistants Matt, Timeline?"

Entz: "Well right now they're all standing in the back of the room, so the timeline is now."

Like Bot said, Entz left some ambiguity on staff openings. I would interpret as they are now waiting on Klieman.

IMHO its safe to assume those coaches in the room are staying.

"Do you have any idea how many openings there might be on your staff from Chris moving on or are you still working through that"

"At this time the only opening I know of is the one I left"

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    "Do you have any idea how many openings there might be on your staff from Chris moving on or are you still working through that"

"At this time the only opening I know of is the one I left"
    Very clever. And clearly a canned answer.

Know that we will lose some talented coaches but I will echo the others. I will be THRILLED if Mess stays. I would probably rank Mess as my #1 or #2 priority just because Entz is a defensive minded coach and he could mentor or work closely with a new DC. Keeping our OC would alleviate a lot of anxiety for me as he did an excellent job.

Really hope we get some clarity soon though. Hoping for Mess, Goeser, Roehl, Hedberg and Kramer. To be clear for all the coaches reading this, thanks for everything and we will gladly keep whoever wants to stay!
    Rixen

Quote Originally Posted by Rixen View Post
    Know that we will lose some talented coaches but I will echo the others. I will be THRILLED if Mess stays. I would probably rank Mess as my #1 or #2 priority just because Entz is a defensive minded coach and he could mentor or work closely with a new DC. Keeping our OC would alleviate a lot of anxiety for me as he did an excellent job.

Really hope we get some clarity soon though. Hoping for Mess, Goeser, Roehl, Hedberg and Kramer. To be clear for all the coaches reading this, thanks for everything and we will gladly keep whoever wants to stay!
    Mess is #1 because it keeps all the systems in place and gives other coaches some time to get comfortable in their new roles. Everyone knows Mess will be on a short list for K State

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I really wish someone could dig up some positive insider info on Kramer.

Quote Originally Posted by gunner56 View Post
    I really wish someone could dig up some positive insider info on Kramer.
    On Twitter, he followed a barber in Mississippi who is friends with an insurance agent in Kansas City who is an alumni of K State whose 3rd cousin's ex girlfriend knew someone who worked in the athletic department

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

I wonder if the assistants that were NOT at the press conference have already been locked in at KSU? And keeping everything under wraps for NDSU and KSU coaching moves until after this signing date. CK locking in his recruits and ME locking in his without stirring the pot?

Quote Originally Posted by thunderingherd View Post
    I wonder if the assistants that were NOT at the press conference have already been locked in at KSU? And keeping everything under wraps for NDSU and KSU coaching moves until after this signing date. CK locking in his recruits and ME locking in his without stirring the pot?
    I think it's going to be just like most of us have predicted.