Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A Salute and Best Wishes

Default A Salute and Best Wishes

I'm a K-Stater ... have been for 50 years and some of those were gruesome on the gridiron. I was in Bill Snyder Family Stadium that Saturday when your Bison marched down the field and upset my Wildcats. That was a gritty, well-executed performance by a bunch of young men who were passionate about winning. Well done.

I remember the many Bison faithful in the stadium that day. Among the K-State fans, I may have been one of the few unsurprised and smiling when the game ended. I've been following you there in Fargo for close to ten years. I knew you could very well win that day, and you did.

I just wanted to salute you, North Dakota State University, your team, your coaches, your student body and faculty, and the community that loves and supports you. You are truly impressive and deserving of respect.

And, I want to wish you every success and offer you best wishes as you pursue yet another FCS National Championship in the weeks ahead. I listened this week as Coach Klieman talked about the players he coaches and loves there at NDSU, and I knew he was sincere and his comments genuine. I can think of no better way for his tenure as your coach to end than for him to celebrate another championship with his team, his staff, and you great fans.

You should know that many - and I mean that - many K-Staters will be watching your team take on the Bunnies Friday night. We'll all be cheering for NDSU. (If you could've squeezed more seats into the 'Dome, I'm sure a lot of purple-wearing folks would have joined you to cheer on your team.)

Someday, perhaps, you'll realize how similar our two land-grant universities are in faithfulness, passion, purpose and vision. Chris Klieman is most welcome here, and we want him to succeed in every way. Count on that. We look forward to watching him bring his "Win the Dang Day" attitude to Manhattan, Kansas.

K-State and NDSU find themselves, I believe, sharing many things in common. Now, we share a Coach. In that, K-State is fortunate.

Merry Christmas, and - of course - good luck as you head toward the title!

Default Re: A Salute and Best Wishes

Quote Originally Posted by Oldefella View Post
    I'm a K-Stater ... have been for 50 years and some of those were gruesome on the gridiron. I was in Bill Snyder Family Stadium that Saturday when your Bison marched down the field and upset my Wildcats. That was a gritty, well-executed performance by a bunch of young men who were passionate about winning. Well done.

I remember the many Bison faithful in the stadium that day. Among the K-State fans, I may have been one of the few unsurprised and smiling when the game ended. I've been following you there in Fargo for close to ten years. I knew you could very well win that day, and you did.

I just wanted to salute you, North Dakota State University, your team, your coaches, your student body and faculty, and the community that loves and supports you. You are truly impressive and deserving of respect.

And, I want to wish you every success and offer you best wishes as you pursue yet another FCS National Championship in the weeks ahead. I listened this week as Coach Klieman talked about the players he coaches and loves there at NDSU, and I knew he was sincere and his comments genuine. I can think of no better way for his tenure as your coach to end than for him to celebrate another championship with his team, his staff, and you great fans.

You should know that many - and I mean that - many K-Staters will be watching your team take on the Bunnies Friday night. We'll all be cheering for NDSU. (If you could've squeezed more seats into the 'Dome, I'm sure a lot of purple-wearing folks would have joined you to cheer on your team.)

Someday, perhaps, you'll realize how similar our two land-grant universities are in faithfulness, passion, purpose and vision. Chris Klieman is most welcome here, and we want him to succeed in every way. Count on that. We look forward to watching him bring his "Win the Dang Day" attitude to Manhattan, Kansas.

K-State and NDSU find themselves, I believe, sharing many things in common. Now, we share a Coach. In that, K-State is fortunate.

Merry Christmas, and - of course - good luck as you head toward the title!
    Trust me, your fanbase is going to enjoy the Klieman era at KSU. The success might take a year or two, but it will be there.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Great post. You are getting a good one with Klieman. Lots of Bison fans will be cheering for the Cats now.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Thanks for the comments!

When are you going to invite us back to Manhattan?

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Thanks for the comments!

When are you going to invite us back to Manhattan?
    I hope that happens. With Chris at the helm, perhaps he can manage to convince our AD to make that happen. Our problem is the scheduling window (5+ years currently). That said, come visit us anytime. We'd welcome you.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldefella View Post
    I hope that happens. With Chris at the helm, perhaps he can manage to convince our AD to make that happen. Our problem is the scheduling window (5+ years currently). That said, come visit us anytime. We'd welcome you.
    Hmmm. I think I know that AD!

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Hmmm. I think I know that AD!
    Hmmmm ... I think you do, too.

EagleBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Thanks and good luck to Klieman State.
    Collector of Bison Homecoming pins - Buy or Trade

I guess you guys will find out what it’s like trying to win a playoff game with a distracted coach. Actually, you guys are probably just too good to be denied another Natty! Did you hear whats going on in our neck of the woods? Coach Houston has been seen ( and photographed ) visiting kids he recuited for Madison and trying to poach them for ECU! Talk about dirty pool.
    I just hope we can get them back on the schedule again!

Quote Originally Posted by Madisonmen View Post
    I guess you guys will find out what it’s like trying to win a playoff game with a distracted coach. Actually, you guys are probably just too good to be denied another Natty! Did you hear whats going on in our neck of the woods? Coach Houston has neen seen ( and photographed ) visiting kids he recuited for Madison and trying to poach them for ECU! Talk about dirty pool.
    I just hope we can get them back on the schedule again!
    you were not here in 13 .....that was a distraction. this has been a cake walk.