Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A Salute and Best Wishes

Default Re: A Salute and Best Wishes

Quote Originally Posted by Oldefella View Post
    I'm a K-Stater ... have been for 50 years and some of those were gruesome on the gridiron. I was in Bill Snyder Family Stadium that Saturday when your Bison marched down the field and upset my Wildcats. That was a gritty, well-executed performance by a bunch of young men who were passionate about winning. Well done.

I remember the many Bison faithful in the stadium that day. Among the K-State fans, I may have been one of the few unsurprised and smiling when the game ended. I've been following you there in Fargo for close to ten years. I knew you could very well win that day, and you did.

I just wanted to salute you, North Dakota State University, your team, your coaches, your student body and faculty, and the community that loves and supports you. You are truly impressive and deserving of respect.

And, I want to wish you every success and offer you best wishes as you pursue yet another FCS National Championship in the weeks ahead. I listened this week as Coach Klieman talked about the players he coaches and loves there at NDSU, and I knew he was sincere and his comments genuine. I can think of no better way for his tenure as your coach to end than for him to celebrate another championship with his team, his staff, and you great fans.

You should know that many - and I mean that - many K-Staters will be watching your team take on the Bunnies Friday night. We'll all be cheering for NDSU. (If you could've squeezed more seats into the 'Dome, I'm sure a lot of purple-wearing folks would have joined you to cheer on your team.)

Someday, perhaps, you'll realize how similar our two land-grant universities are in faithfulness, passion, purpose and vision. Chris Klieman is most welcome here, and we want him to succeed in every way. Count on that. We look forward to watching him bring his "Win the Dang Day" attitude to Manhattan, Kansas.

K-State and NDSU find themselves, I believe, sharing many things in common. Now, we share a Coach. In that, K-State is fortunate.

Merry Christmas, and - of course - good luck as you head toward the title!
    Thank you for your post. We all know Klieman will lead K-State back to their winning tradition. Just so very happy Klieman was able to get at P5 head coaching job at one of the few class programs out there.

Quote Originally Posted by GSUsTALON View Post
    Not close!
    Just as long as Coach K is there.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by GSUsTALON View Post
    Not close!
    Just as long as Coach K is there.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Oldefella ~ Thanks so much for the classy post. Very much appreciated.
    Most of us were there, on that balmy 100 degree day. Wonderful memories! Many gracious K-State fans. (A little quiet at the end of the game tho.)
    Brock Jensen (QB) was recently invited by the Taylors to attend a game at K-State, & re-connect with Mr. Snyder. Good stuff.
    Because this coaching situation was handled so well, you will have MANY new Bison fans cheering for the Cats! Best of everything to you!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfanette View Post
    Brock Jensen (QB) was recently invited by the Taylors to attend a game at K-State, & re-connect with Mr. Snyder. Good stuff.
    That's pretty cool. For those who haven't seen, the note Bill Snyder wrote Brock Jensen after the game:

SafeTeeJ is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

He left one on his desk for Coach K as well.
    "The bird is in your hand"

Quote Originally Posted by Oldefella View Post
    I'm a K-Stater ... have been for 50 years and some of those were gruesome on the gridiron. I was in Bill Snyder Family Stadium that Saturday when your Bison marched down the field and upset my Wildcats. That was a gritty, well-executed performance by a bunch of young men who were passionate about winning. Well done.

I remember the many Bison faithful in the stadium that day. Among the K-State fans, I may have been one of the few unsurprised and smiling when the game ended. I've been following you there in Fargo for close to ten years. I knew you could very well win that day, and you did.

I just wanted to salute you, North Dakota State University, your team, your coaches, your student body and faculty, and the community that loves and supports you. You are truly impressive and deserving of respect.

And, I want to wish you every success and offer you best wishes as you pursue yet another FCS National Championship in the weeks ahead. I listened this week as Coach Klieman talked about the players he coaches and loves there at NDSU, and I knew he was sincere and his comments genuine. I can think of no better way for his tenure as your coach to end than for him to celebrate another championship with his team, his staff, and you great fans.

You should know that many - and I mean that - many K-Staters will be watching your team take on the Bunnies Friday night. We'll all be cheering for NDSU. (If you could've squeezed more seats into the 'Dome, I'm sure a lot of purple-wearing folks would have joined you to cheer on your team.)

Someday, perhaps, you'll realize how similar our two land-grant universities are in faithfulness, passion, purpose and vision. Chris Klieman is most welcome here, and we want him to succeed in every way. Count on that. We look forward to watching him bring his "Win the Dang Day" attitude to Manhattan, Kansas.

K-State and NDSU find themselves, I believe, sharing many things in common. Now, we share a Coach. In that, K-State is fortunate.

Merry Christmas, and - of course - good luck as you head toward the title!
    I can't speak for all of Bison Nation... But Kansas State is now my FBS Team! Pretty sure there will be many more like me

Mr. Snyder is a class act and in speaking to a couple of close friends and K-State alums, they say, that game in 2013 is the reason Mr. Gene Taylor is the AD at K-State. And although Gene was taking all the barbs and arrows for the hire prior to Coach K being introduced to the team media and fans, and the fans actually seeing the amazing coach they got, it was Mr. Snyder that put Coach K on the short list after watching and admiring the performance put forth by the entire Bison team. They say he was so impressed by the culture, discipline and commitment of the players and coaches that he knew he would be a great fit for the little apple. And he is fully behind this hire because he feels the program will be in good hands for the foreseeable future until Coach K gets a "better Job" and hand the reigns to Bills son.

Quote Originally Posted by NovaBison View Post
    I can't speak for all of Bison Nation... But Kansas State is now my FBS Team! Pretty sure there will be many more like me
    Yep! Many new KSU fans up in ND and around the country

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    That didn't seem to be necessary. Why be a D-bag? The dude was just relating and gave a compliment in the process.
    Its what he does.