Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: A Salute and Best Wishes

Default Re: A Salute and Best Wishes

I joined simply to make a post like this as well! Looks like Oldefella beat me to it and I don’t want to junk up your threads. I work overnight at the hospital but have the NDSU game set to record on my DVR. Trust me, we are all watching eagerly and rooting for a Bison victory. I’m ashamed to say that I was in the group of fans who had the immediate reaction of “WTF.” Man, once I learned about Coach Klieman and who he was I got more excited. Then when i saw his first team meeting I ran around the house looking for my old helmet and pads to suit up.

I hope you know that any success that comes at K-State is a direct reflection of NDSU as well. It’s kind of nice that we aren’t in direct competition (although I suspect that changes someday!) and that our fanbases are eerily similar. I’m looking forward to watching your/OUR team tonight and will be cheering loudly at work. Best of luck and thank you for Coach K.

P.s. 21 year old me was shocked at the way you physically dominated my college team in 2013. So impressed!

Quote Originally Posted by kstate92 View Post
    I joined simply to make a post like this as well! Looks like Oldefella beat me to it and I don’t want to junk up your threads. I work overnight at the hospital but have the NDSU game set to record on my DVR. Trust me, we are all watching eagerly and rooting for a Bison victory. I’m ashamed to say that I was in the group of fans who had the immediate reaction of “WTF.” Man, once I learned about Coach Klieman and who he was I got more excited. Then when i saw his first team meeting I ran around the house looking for my old helmet and pads to suit up.

I hope you know that any success that comes at K-State is a direct reflection of NDSU as well. It’s kind of nice that we aren’t in direct competition (although I suspect that changes someday!) and that our fanbases are eerily similar. I’m looking forward to watching your/OUR team tonight and will be cheering loudly at work. Best of luck and thank you for Coach K.

P.s. 21 year old me was shocked at the way you physically dominated my college team in 2013. So impressed!
    Thanks for your kind words. I hope Coach K changes the minds many of your fans.

Good luck, I’ll be paying attention.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This thread displays the awesomeness that is college football!

Don't feel too bad, I'm sure a lot of our fans would feel similar if we were hiring a new coach from parts unknown. You will really like Chris though he is a great person first and foremost. Thanks for your support of our team!

Really nice post. Both Gene and Chris are great guys. Hope they have lots of success at K-State. They definitely personify the values that Snyder has preached about with his program. Can't think of two individuals better suited to build a program upon those values.

I always enjoy reading posts by fans like you and oldefella who enjoy positive changes to a football program.
    Coach K is in good hands at your school.
    I will be a Kansas State Football fan from now on for FBS ... except when my Bizon are on the tube of course.
    Thanks for sharing ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Its not till "death do us part"....unless you make another call like that ...you bum!!
    .........good grief..........

I'll be rooting for Chris Klieman and Kansas State to have great success, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Don't feel too bad, I'm sure a lot of our fans would feel similar if we were hiring a new coach from parts unknown. You will really like Chris though he is a great person first and foremost. Thanks for your support of our team!
    Well we were teased with the “young, exciting, flashy offensive coordinator” in Seth Littrell. But truth be told, and it’s very evident now, KState fans were just eager for change and transparency. We have been starved of a modern program for so many years. I think there’s something to be said about running a different style offense compared to the rest of the conference. It had been very successful for us! Most of these defenses are built around stopping the spread. It offers a change of pace for these coordinators and can be very fun to watch! I’m sure you all know that you’re welcome in Manhattan anytime.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfanette View Post
    Oldefella ~ Thanks so much for the classy post. Very much appreciated.
    Most of us were there, on that balmy 100 degree day. Wonderful memories! Many gracious K-State fans. (A little quiet at the end of the game tho.)
    Brock Jensen (QB) was recently invited by the Taylors to attend a game at K-State, & re-connect with Mr. Snyder. Good stuff.
    Because this coaching situation was handled so well, you will have MANY new Bison fans cheering for the Cats! Best of everything to you!
    Oh, you bet it got quiet ... except for you folks in yellow and green! Stunned might be a good word to describe the emotion of the K-Staters that day. I wasn't among them. That last drive was a thing of beauty. You might be interested to know that quite a few K-Staters remarked afterward that they saw, that day, the K-State football team they knew and loved, but it was wearing the wrong colors. Impressive.

I'm happy to know the Taylors reached out to Brock. Gene stepped into a difficult situation here largely due to the pending retirement of Bill Snyder (that was the 900 pound gorilla from day 1) and the rather strange antics of our former AD. He (John Currie) bolted for Tennessee, his 'home' of choice, at first opportunity and managed to get fired there shortly thereafter.

Thank you for your wishes. I join many Wildcats in wishing your Bison every success. Now, folks, let's beat the bunnies and make this a really good day.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Oldefella View Post
    Oh, you bet it got quiet ... except for you folks in yellow and green! Stunned might be a good word to describe the emotion of the K-Staters that day. I wasn't among them. That last drive was a thing of beauty. You might be interested to know that quite a few K-Staters remarked afterward that they saw, that day, the K-State football team they knew and loved, but it was wearing the wrong colors. Impressive.

I'm happy to know the Taylors reached out to Brock. Gene stepped into a difficult situation here largely due to the pending retirement of Bill Snyder (that was the 900 pound gorilla from day 1) and the rather strange antics of our former AD. He (John Currie) bolted for Tennessee, his 'home' of choice, at first opportunity and managed to get fired there shortly thereafter.

Thank you for your wishes. I join many Wildcats in wishing your Bison every success. Now, folks, let's beat the bunnies and make this a really good day.
    Hell fuckin' yes! Horns UP! EMAW! Bisoncats!