Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How long does the post Klieman honeymoon last?

Default Re: How long does the post Klieman honeymoon last?

Why so negative? Oh, that's right ...

Easy depending on the situation

1.) If things go smoothly, Klieman is a great ambassador for NDSU going forward, does not cause a distraction to the team and we win another National Championship, I’ll never stop the honeymoon phase.

2.) If we lay a dud and blow a perfect season, I’ll probably forever have some resentment for the distraction it caused.

Thing that scares me now vs 2013 is that we have a real opponent in the semifinals

Good intentions never go unpunished. CK is always going to be a class act. Circumstances can always mess with outcomes.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    Easy depending on the situation

1.) If things go smoothly, Klieman is a great ambassador for NDSU going forward, does not cause a distraction to the team and we win another National Championship, I’ll never stop the honeymoon phase.

2.) If we lay a dud and blow a perfect season, I’ll probably forever have some resentment for the distraction it caused.

Thing that scares me now vs 2013 is that we have a real opponent in the semifinals
    If we lose I doubt that it will be because the team was distracted. I would be willing to bet that it is the fans that are distracted. No doubt among some Coach K will be the convenient scapegoat.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    Everyone is praising Coach Klieman and NDSU on how well this has been handled versus Craig Bohl leaving. But when does that happy feeling start to fade? NDSU struggles and wins this weekend, does he get flack for being in Kansas 2 days? What if they lose? How is he viewed then?

How about when it comes out which coaches are going / who is staying? What conflict does that create? And lastly, what if some recruits or current players decide to leave?

If they can pull this off, great and more power to them. But whether its a banking, legal, accounting, etc I don't care what type of business relationship you choose, conflicts always come about if a person that is leaving sticks around to long.
    No conflict here on any of your made up talking points.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Some believe an employee can't leave an employer and do double duty with integrity, keep a staff intact to do their job etc. We have some strong senior leadership. We know we have integrity in Gene, Matt and CK. Let it unfold. We are good.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

MinotBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Some believe an employee can't leave an employer and do double duty with integrity, keep a staff intact to do their job etc. We have some strong senior leadership. We know we have integrity in Gene, Matt and CK. Let it unfold. We are good.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Well said. Thank you.

Gotta believe that CK knows the best, first impression he can make on his new school and fan base is to win one last title.

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    Everyone is praising Coach Klieman and NDSU on how well this has been handled versus Craig Bohl leaving. But when does that happy feeling start to fade? NDSU struggles and wins this weekend, does he get flack for being in Kansas 2 days? What if they lose? How is he viewed then?

How about when it comes out which coaches are going / who is staying? What conflict does that create? And lastly, what if some recruits or current players decide to leave?

If they can pull this off, great and more power to them. But whether its a banking, legal, accounting, etc I don't care what type of business relationship you choose, conflicts always come about if a person that is leaving sticks around to long.
    Nope. Everything is sunshine and rainbows.

seems like most post honeymoon phases now end in one party being resentful of the other, which causes hate and you don’t feel the love anyone until the new hot piece comes into your life...