Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If the coordinators go, why not Tyler Roehl?

Default If the coordinators go, why not Tyler Roehl?

I keep hearing the names thrown out, and frankly, I want to puke at the thought of Polasek. I posted in another thread, but I think Entz and Messingham are both gone. There was a pretty telling sign on Sunday IMO.

Brings me to outsider candidates. Why not Tyler Roehl? People keep on throwing out age, but hell, why is it any different than PJ Fleck? Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't he 31 or something when he took over at WMU? Had never been a coordinator before. Sean McVay is the best coach in the NFL and is the same age as Roehl.

If anything, I think Roehl might be the type of guys who legitimately would see NDSU as a dream job. He's from West Fargo. He played at NDSU. Heck, he has actually said the head coaching job at NDSU is his dream job.

Go watch a Day in the Life - Tyler Roehl. This guy is born to do this job.

Default Re: If the coordinators go, why not Tyler Roehl?

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    I keep hearing the names thrown out, and frankly, I want to puke at the thought of Polasek. I posted in another thread, but I think Entz and Messingham are both gone. There was a pretty telling sign on Sunday IMO.

Brings me to outsider candidates. Why not Tyler Roehl? People keep on throwing out age, but hell, why is it any different than PJ Fleck? Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't he 31 or something when he took over at WMU? Had never been a coordinator before. Sean McVay is the best coach in the NFL and is the same age as Roehl.

If anything, I think Roehl might be the type of guys who legitimately would see NDSU as a dream job. He's from West Fargo. He played at NDSU. Heck, he has actually said the head coaching job at NDSU is his dream job.

I'd prefer to have someone with at least some coordinator experience first before being a HC, just my opinion though.

Tyler Roehl lies.

I'd love to see Roehl and Olson with coordinator spots in the next few years.

Then let them have a competition of strength and wit to determine who will be the next coach after Entz.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by #1BISONFAN ASHLEY View Post
    I'd prefer to have someone with at least some coordinator experience first before being a HC, just my opinion though.
    I absolute love TR and think that he would make a great Bison Head Coach some day. He just has it in his DNA. That being said, I hope that he goes away for a bit and makes a bunch of mistakes (has learning moments) on someone else' watch before returning and kicking ass again here.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post

if you also watch it, you'll see how much pride he has for this community and school. How many shit-stirring threads are you going to start?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not experienced enough yet. Should be an OC first.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    if you also watch it, you'll see how much pride he has for this community and school. How many shit-stirring threads are you going to start?
    How exactly is this stirring the pot?

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    I absolute love TR and think that he would make a great Bison Head Coach some day. He just has it in his DNA. That being said, I hope that he goes away for a bit and makes a bunch of mistakes (has learning moments) on someone else' watch before returning and kicking ass again here.
    This has been my thought. I would actually not be unhappy if he followed to K state and learned from a few different people and made some more contacts in the coaching world before coming back to NDSU. When you are in one system you don't know what you don't know.