Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: List of coaches with ties to NDSU?

Default Re: List of coaches with ties to NDSU?

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    There will be SU ties guaranteed. But the head man does not necessarily have to be an alum. He does have to have certain characteristics that fit the SU persona
    FYI they are not called the Olsens....there are they are the first family of SU sports

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    There will be SU ties guaranteed. But the head man does not necessarily have to be an alum. He does have to have certain characteristics that fit the SU persona
    Sticking to Alumni is stupid. Very limiting. Klieman was a UNI guy but he ran our defense like a Jedi and understood the importance of culture and keeping a good system in place. Very similar to Entz who is a good coach and would keep the systems in place

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by scbison91 View Post
    Listening to mcfeely podcast with Izzo and Big E tonight, stated the Olson's are ready to come back to Fargo in a heart beat.
    I've spent no more than 12 hours of my entire life in Terre Haute. I can't imagine living there.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Sticking to Alumni is stupid. Very limiting. Klieman was a UNI guy but he ran our defense like a Jedi and understood the importance of culture and keeping a good system in place. Very similar to Entz who is a good coach and would keep the systems in place
    NDSU ties (experience) is not the same as being an alumnus. Since Mudra's era, only two coaches were hired as Head Coaches without NDSU experience - Wacker and Babich.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Exactly. And, in case some missed it, CK thanked last night on 1660 the BFPA for accepting and embracing him into the NDSU football family even though, in his terms, he was an outsider. In reality, he embraced us and the culture/family, and then some.

He is the best HC we have ever had IMO. He just got it, and got it done!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

The new Bama OC

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Exactly. And, in case some missed it, CK thanked last night on 1660 the BFPA for accepting and embracing him into the NDSU football family even though, in his terms, he was an outsider. In reality, he embraced us and the culture/family, and then some.

He is the best HC we have ever had IMO. He just got it, and got it done!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes he did!!!!!
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    NDSU ties (experience) is not the same as being an alumnus. Since Mudra's era, only two coaches were hired as Head Coaches without NDSU experience - Wacker and Babich.
    Bohl was in Fargo for a year in 1984. How important was that one year? Or was it more important that he had three years total with an NDSU guy like Morton? Eighteen years separated his times in Fargo.

I'd think it's helpful to have a ties to an area/university, no doubt. Just doesn't seem like that should stop a bomb candidate from getting considered.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    I've spent no more than 12 hours of my entire life in Terre Haute. I can't imagine living there.
    Used to drive through a lot for work. They have this Boys and Girls club kinda close to the university with a mural painted on the side that made the kids look they about wanted to fight each other. Very odd to see.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Bohl was in Fargo for a year in 1984. How important was that one year? Or was it more important that he had three years total with an NDSU guy like Morton? Eighteen years separated his times in Fargo.

I'd think it's helpful to have a ties to an area/university, no doubt. Just doesn't seem like that should stop a bomb candidate from getting considered.
    You would have to ask Gene about that one year as he hired him (keep in mind the second option was Gus Bradley). Just pointing out the history of past NDSU Head Coaches for Football. Hiring those with past NDSU experience helps keep the culture of the program intact as opposed to bringing in a complete outsider. Babich proved that.
    Hail the BISON!!!