Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: List of coaches with ties to NDSU?

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: List of coaches with ties to NDSU?

Quote Originally Posted by Alsen View Post
    Why in the world are we thinking we need somebody with ties to NDSU??

I want the best coach who can give the team the best chance to win. I don't give a rattsazz where he went to college, or who he knows.
    A) because we don’t have fucking time to do a huge fucking search nationally for a coach given the early signing date is like tomorrow if you haven’t fucking noticed and

B) the last guy who came in with no ties to NDSU tried to put his imprint on the culture and did a superb job of fucking up the program, and

C) in what universe would you fucking think an outside search would be necessary under any circumstance?

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    You would have to ask Gene about that one year as he hired him (keep in mind the second option was Gus Bradley). Just pointing out the history of past NDSU Head Coaches for Football. Hiring those with past NDSU experience helps keep the culture of the program intact as opposed to bringing in a complete outsider. Babich proved that.
    You're leaving out Terry Allen who was the original front runner for the position and instead took a job at Iowa State.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Alsen View Post
    Why in the world are we thinking we need somebody with ties to NDSU??

I want the best coach who can give the team the best chance to win. I don't give a rattsazz where he went to college, or who he knows.
    Why in the world are some so interested in outsiders? You think assistants on staff of one of the all time greatest sports dynasties don’t know enough about winning football? “If it ain’t broke”...why toy around with the culture and gameplay of the most dominant dynasty college football has seen? If the current assistants end up over their heads and crashing the current program then look outside. Otherwise why risk changing/losing what has been established?
    PS- Also, Why are some so enamored with other fcs coaches like Rocco and Nielson? Nielson is meh and Rocco stinks. If we are going to go outside why look at such low hanging fruit?

When you have a program that is rolling like we have you promote from within, when you have a situation like our BB programs right now you go outside.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    When you have a program that is rolling like we have you promote from within, when you have a situation like our BB programs right now you go outside.
    Much truth

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Exactly. And, in case some missed it, CK thanked last night on 1660 the BFPA for accepting and embracing him into the NDSU football family even though, in his terms, he was an outsider. In reality, he embraced us and the culture/family, and then some.

He is the best HC we have ever had IMO. He just got it, and got it done!!
    Totally agree - Coach Klieman is the best coach NDSU has had since I've been old enough to follow NDSU.

Bohl-Klieman was a lot like Mudra-Erhardt except that Bohl-Klieman lasted longer and brought home more national championships.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Why in the world are some so interested in outsiders? You think assistants on staff of one of the all time greatest sports dynasties don’t know enough about winning football? “If it ain’t broke”...why toy around with the culture and gameplay of the most dominant dynasty college football has seen? If the current assistants end up over their heads and crashing the current program then look outside. Otherwise why risk changing/losing what has been established?
    PS- Also, Why are some so enamored with other fcs coaches like Rocco and Nielson? Nielson is meh and Rocco stinks. If we are going to go outside why look at such low hanging fruit?
    Exactly!!!

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    It's only common sense man.

Default List of coaches with ties to NDSU?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    It's only common sense man.
    And a lot of that is lacking here now, in the past, and moving forward I can only assume.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Green1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    And a lot of that is lacking here now, in the past, and moving forward I can only assume.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ouch!!! Lol