Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: press conferece 12/11?

Default Re: press conferece 12/11?

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    I’m not convinced that they can’t and wouldn’t be able too. Also, I feel their schemes are closer to ours than you think. They just don’t have the players to do it the way we do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The may possible be able to change. But if NDSU goes the outside hire route I think they could reach quite a bit higher than two coaches with losing records in the FCS

Quote Originally Posted by noryan34 View Post
    The may possible be able to change. But if NDSU goes the outside hire route I think they could reach quite a bit higher than two coaches with losing records in the FCS
    Hard pass on Neilson but you can't put the record on Mallory.

Even the vaunted Bill Snyder went 1-10 in his first season at K State,
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't blame Babich nearly as much as someone else named Bob.

I'll pass on Neilson, don't know anything about Mallory except he has no ties to our program except Bohl and Grant.

No reason to go outside candidate unless we can not keep one of the current staff. That would suck IMO.

I cant imagine going outside for a HC. There will be at least one Assistant with HC qualities more than happy taking a starting HC position of a lifetime. Especially after watching Klieman parlay a couple years into a 14 Million dollar contract. You go to KSU as an assistant and you may wallow in a losing program for a couple years. There is no guarantee that Klieman succeeds at KSU and assistants are guaranteed nothing. Building a Winner and Taking over a winner is a totally different monster entirely. Lose in year one with a guaranteed avg. roster team that he is walking into and a fourth of your fans will already question a FCS hire. CK's peace of mind comes with as a 6 year guarantee that allows him to retire when he's done if he likes. Leaving as an assistant has its risks over taking the job at NDSU @ 4-5 year $400K.

I must say, the more and more I think about it, whoever gets this job needs to bring Grant Olson (and Amy) home. He has head coach written all over him, just not yet.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I must say, the more and more I think about it, whoever gets this job needs to bring Grant Olson (and Amy) home. He has head coach written all over him, just not yet.
    I am calling that one a done deal

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    She can fuel up at Petro Serve USA. I'll bet she misses her drives going as far.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯