Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: We want entz

Default Re: Vigen or Polasek

WTF is with the Vigen lovers around here??? HE IS NOT COMING BACK, LIKE EVER!!!!

Default Re: We want entz

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Agreed. While I understand the allure of looking externally (and I think we'd be pretty surprised at the caliber of applicants for this job) I don't see why you wouldn't do all you can to promote from within given the ridiculous momentum this program is on. Some may say it's risky if you don't have that home run candidate but to me it's more risky than to bring in an external hire and potentially upset the apple cart.
    I agree totally with this Professor. Hiring from within would also help retain the Bison culture and continuity with our current players and current verbals. Same scenario as when Kleiman took over. Really, really hoping for Entz being named TODAY !

MontBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Anyone else concerned that Klieman has a SIGNIFICANT impact on the way our D currently operates and therefor Entz might not be as good as we think?

Quote Originally Posted by MontBison View Post
    Anyone else concerned that Klieman has a SIGNIFICANT impact on the way our D currently operates and therefor Entz might not be as good as we think?
    Absolutely but he's still the most logical internal candidate IMO. I had concerns about Klieman 5 years ago too but there was no doubt in my mind that it was the right move to promote him. I feel the same way with Entz now.

Quote Originally Posted by MontBison View Post
    I'm sure Klieman has had significant impact on our defense but if Entz hasn't picked up anything from him by now he never will. I'm not concerned with that at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Entz stays. CK hires Bo Pelini as his DC. Everybody wins.
    This would be pretty funny but it makes sense as Bo has Big12 experience and everyone (KSU fans) seems to be knocking CK for his lack of FBS experience. Would bringing on a former Big12 head coach and Big12 OC (Mess) be enough to calm the waters in Manhattan?

From a football standpoint I don't think you can argue Bo is not a good coach. His personality... well that might be another story.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post
    Wining + Entz = Wentz.

IM SOLD. HIRE NOW.
    This makes as much logical sense as some of the arguments I've seen made against Polasek.

I see that Entz has been the Associate-Head Coach at 3 different stops including Western Illinois for what its worth.

My prediction is that Messingham goes with Klieman probably as a position coach at first and the OC in waiting. Entz interviews, is offered, then accepts the Head Coach position here.

Roehl is promoted by Entz to the OC position and coaches running backs, Riley is also retained as OL coach.

Goeser is promoted to DC. Grant Olson possibly returns as LB coach.

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    I see that Entz has been the Associate-Head Coach at 3 different stops including Western Illinois for what its worth.

My prediction is that Messingham goes with Klieman probably as a position coach at first and the OC in waiting. Entz interviews, is offered, then accepts the Head Coach position here.

Roehl is promoted by Entz to the OC position and coaches running backs, Riley is also retained as OL coach.

Goeser is promoted to DC. Grant Olson possibly returns as LB coach.
    Optimistic, but I'll take it. Particularly the Riley and Goeser parts.

Quote Originally Posted by noryan34 View Post
    This would be pretty funny but it makes sense as Bo has Big12 experience and everyone (KSU fans) seems to be knocking CK for his lack of FBS experience. Would bringing on a former Big12 head coach and Big12 OC (Mess) be enough to calm the waters in Manhattan?

From a football standpoint I don't think you can argue Bo is not a good coach. His personality... well that might be another story.
    He's a good DC, bad HC. He doesn't have the personality for it.

Would be perfect for him. Bo will never challenge him for HC, he is damaged goods in the Big 12.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯