Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: We want entz

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: We want entz

Entz, Polasek, and Mallory all deserve a serious look. One of the most painful part of this is losing Mes and Hedberg, both will be extremely difficult to replace. What's even tougher though is if we go outside the box and hire the cat from ISUb, it will certainly create a rift in the program between now and Frisco (assuming we get past SDSU that is.) So the question is do we hire internal to maintain the chemistry and win the Natty or hire external for a better long term fit and chance ripping the current staff and therefore team apart? Personally, I would take the natty and worry about the future later so am kind of hoping for Entz.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I too would go with Entz and wait till he is poached by another bigger school in 5 years. Wash rinse repeat.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

How did Mallory even come up in the convo? Why would we want him over Entz or someone else on the current staff? I mean he might be a decent coach but why would you hand him the keys to a Ferrari?

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    How did Mallory even come up in the convo? Why would we want him over Entz or someone else on the current staff? I mean he might be a decent coach but why would you hand him the keys to a Ferrari?
    Agreed. While I understand the allure of looking externally (and I think we'd be pretty surprised at the caliber of applicants for this job) I don't see why you wouldn't do all you can to promote from within given the ridiculous momentum this program is on. Some may say it's risky if you don't have that home run candidate but to me it's more risky than to bring in an external hire and potentially upset the apple cart.

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Entz, Polasek, and Mallory all deserve a serious look. One of the most painful part of this is losing Mes and Hedberg, both will be extremely difficult to replace. What's even tougher though is if we go outside the box and hire the cat from ISUb, it will certainly create a rift in the program between now and Frisco (assuming we get past SDSU that is.) So the question is do we hire internal to maintain the chemistry and win the Natty or hire external for a better long term fit and chance ripping the current staff and therefore team apart? Personally, I would take the natty and worry about the future later so am kind of hoping for Entz.
    Eagles probably won’t make the playoffs. Carson should be available as an emergency OC for Frisco.
    Looking good Billy Ray!

Please hire from within.

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    I too would go with Entz and wait till he is poached by another bigger school in 5 years. Wash rinse repeat.
    That's the hope.

Keep this train rolling... Do this every 5-6 years.

I wouldn't complain.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Default Re: New Coach

Definitely needs to be in place ASAP. That's why I hope it's Entz and he keeps a bunch of the staff together.

If I’m a betting man Entz and Mess are gone due to the fact they all grew up together and would make Kliemans transition all the smoother. Also a few others, like obviously Jacobs. I think Kramer stays..
    Where’s Burgundy, I’m sure he’s in the know

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Bison View Post
    If I’m a betting man Entz and Mess are gone due to the fact they all grew up together and would make Kliemans transition all the smoother. Also a few others, like obviously Jacobs. I think Kramer stays..
    Where’s Burgundy, I’m sure he’s in the know
    I hear ya and all, but its clear to me how they rolled this all out, CK has to play up to the fan base. I am not sure that means keeping the entire Band...this is not WYO