Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: We want entz

Default Re: We want entz

I have no problem with polasek. Just prefer a defensive minded coach.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Bison_Pride is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The fans on Wyonation are willing to let Vigen go for cheap. They have been in favor of running him out of town for a long time.

Polasek makes over 355K+ as an assistant for a coach who isn't going anywhere. I'd be shocked if he came back to FCS.
    Interestingly it appears that Hazelton at Wyoming is the highest paid G5 assistant in the country at $400K.

If, God forbid, Kramer would leave. You go after Ryan Napoli.

Current coordinators at KState are making over $500K with bonuses. It might be a struggle to keep any current NDSU assistants that they have room for. The one thing NDSU has going for it is that Snyder retired, he didn't get fired. Many of his guys will stay on because they have deep connections to KSU. That might open up an opportunity for someone on current staff.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by heckler View Post
    What is the allure with Polasek? People are saying he deserves a shot but why? He sucked as a coordinator and I'm glad he left. Maybe that's just me? But seriously... Why?
    My same question would go with Entz as the replacement. I know our defense has been good but couldn’t a lot of that still be credited to Klieman? Admittedly, I don’t know a lot about Entz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Factually when Wentz was being drafted people in the know enjoyed ndsu play calling who was calling those plays... Who was the o coordinator ... Yep polasek... So I'm sick and tired of hearing the hecklers of the world talk about how bad he was..... Just illogical sdbison babble no meat to your argument just a misconstrued maligned opinions

Just a couple of hypothetical questions. Who has been a better OC at NDSU, Mess or Polasek? Who would you prefer as HC?
    Last edited by Vet70; 12-11-2018 at 11:41 AM.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Factually when Wentz was being drafted people in the know enjoyed ndsu play calling who was calling those plays... Who was the o coordinator ... Yep polasek... So I'm sick and tired of hearing the hecklers of the world talk about how bad he was..... Just illogical sdbison babble no meat to your argument just a misconstrued maligned opinions
    No Carson was calling the plays. Polasek was watching. It was clear the next year when Carson was gone and the offense sucked.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by Bison_Pride View Post
    The fans on Wyonation are willing to let Vigen go for cheap. They have been in favor of running him out of town for a long time.

Polasek makes over 355K+ as an assistant for a coach who isn't going anywhere. I'd be shocked if he came back to FCS.
    Interestingly it appears that Hazelton at Wyoming is the highest paid G5 assistant in the country at $400K.

If, God forbid, Kramer would leave. You go after Ryan Napoli.

Current coordinators at KState are making over $500K with bonuses. It might be a struggle to keep any current NDSU assistants that they have room for. The one thing NDSU has going for it is that Snyder retired, he didn't get fired. Many of his guys will stay on because they have deep connections to KSU. That might open up an opportunity for someone on current staff.
    In terms of money P5 (or G5 at Hazelton levels) is better than FCS head coach but some guys want to be head coaches. It's not all that uncommon for FBS coordinators to take pay cuts to move to FCS head coach. I'm pretty sure Memphis' DC just did that to be Northern Arizona's head coach.

I think if this NDSU job was opened up nationally you'd see P5 coordinators, who are making 500k or more right now, applying. If you're looking for a springboard into head coaching NDSU is a damn good spot to start.

So the question is does Entz, or Polasek for that matter, aspire to be a head coach? If they do I think they take the opportunity here if Larsen offers them. If that's not much of a priority for them they go with Klieman in Entz's case or stay in Iowa in Polasek's case.

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Just a couple of hypothetical questions. Who has been a better OC at NDSU, Mess or Polasek? Who would you prefer as HC?
    Mess by far.
    I wouldn't put polesek in my top 500 for a coach. Anyone that thought a tight end jet sweep would be a good play needs to stay an o line coach. Those defending saying the head coach doesn't call plays, are you kidding me. He already proved he can handle that responsibility. Now you want him to control a team... if he is our head coach it's game over.
    "If FBS teams are looking for an FCS cupcake, might I suggest North Dakota instead of North Dakota State." - John Taylor NBC College football talk writer

Quote Originally Posted by Loud and Proud Bison fan View Post
    Mess by far.
    I wouldn't put polesek in my top 500 for a coach. Anyone that thought a tight end jet sweep would be a good play needs to stay an o line coach. Those defending saying the head coach doesn't call plays, are you kidding me. He already proved he can handle that responsibility. Now you want him to control a team... if he is our head coach it's game over.
    How did he prove he couldn't handle the responsibility? Winning 2 national title titles? The first with the offense carrying the defense through the playoffs or the second having to pivot midseason from an NFL level passer to a redshirt freshman primarily a runner at that time?

The "jet sweep narrative" is a tired and overused excuse. I bet you'd be surprised to see how many jet aweeps were called this year compared to the Polasek years. Polasek wasn't a perfect OC (and I agree that mess is a better OC), a legit complaint IMO was mentioned earlier when it was pointed out that Polasek would get too set on "this is what we're going to do and I don't care if the defense is geared to stop it" but to act like he was some massive failure as on OC is laughable. Go look at the numbers, both offensively during his time here and W/L record.

We won two national championships with Polasek as OC, for those with short memories