Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: We want entz

Default Re: We want entz

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    I see that Entz has been the Associate-Head Coach at 3 different stops including Western Illinois for what its worth.

My prediction is that Messingham goes with Klieman probably as a position coach at first and the OC in waiting. Entz interviews, is offered, then accepts the Head Coach position here.

Roehl is promoted by Entz to the OC position and coaches running backs, Riley is also retained as OL coach.

Goeser is promoted to DC. Grant Olson possibly returns as LB coach.
    I like all of that and think it makes sense except for I don't think Riley sticks around if Roehl is promoted to OC and he's asked to stay as OL coach. Riley is listed as the "Running Game Coordinator" on GoBison so I would say he's only below Messingham on the totem pole of offensive assistants right now. If Riley stays I think it would need to be as OC.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I like all of that and think it makes sense except for I don't think Riley sticks around if Roehl is promoted to OC and he's asked to stay as OL coach. Riley is listed as the "Running Game Coordinator" on GoBison so I would say he's only below Messingham on the totem pole of offensive assistants right now. If Riley stays I think it would need to be as OC.
    Agreed. Only hope of holding onto Riley and Goeser is to promote them to coordinators. Even then they might be gone.

I like all of that and think it makes sense but I don't think Riley sticks around if Roehl is promoted to OC and he's asked to stay as OL coach. Riley is listed as the "Running Game Coordinator" on GoBison now so I would say he's only below Messingham on the totem pole of offensive assistants right now. If Riley stays I think it would need to be as OC.
    There is the possibility that Riley leaves of course, but probably not to Kansas State. Their O-line coach is well entrenched in his position. I could see Riley applying for a promotion elsewhere, too.

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I see that Entz has been the Associate-Head Coach at 3 different stops including Western Illinois for what its worth.

My prediction is that Messingham goes with Klieman probably as a position coach at first and the OC in waiting. Entz interviews, is offered, then accepts the Head Coach position here.

Roehl is promoted by Entz to the OC position and coaches running backs, Riley is also retained as OL coach.

Goeser is promoted to DC. Grant Olson possibly returns as LB coach.
    Sounds like the best case scenario

Don't know if this has been posted yet, but I took a look at K-State O and D coordinators and they were both former players under Snyder. I think this bodes well for us and we may have a good chance at keeping 1 or even both coordinators. Gut tells me Mess is gone though.

Quote Originally Posted by heckler View Post
    Sounds like the best case scenario
    NDSU is THE best case scenario

But I'm open to correction from Kermit and Burgundy.

There is the possibility that Riley leaves of course, but probably not to Kansas State. Their O-line coach is well entrenched in his position. I could see Riley applying for a promotion elsewhere, too.
    Riley is a total stud. K States has a stud Oline coach too. Maybe an offensive Coordinator? Hes already the running game Coordinator

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I'm kind of vindictive so I kind of want Klieman to raid Wyoming's staff to fill out his K-State staff and then those outgoing assistants at Wyoming can take every bit of recruiting information they have with them. That would be the definition of karmic retribution.
    I think you are getting your recruiting karmic payback!
    We all know the answer on where a recruit would prefer to go,
    Manhattan or Laramie - I’ll take Manhattan.
    And then think of where Wyoming tries to recruit -
    They are still active in Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, Iowa, Minnesota, Missouri, Wisconsin, Illinois etc.
    Heehee......

So Izzo had 4 people listed.
    Entz, Polasek, Vigen, and Scott Hazeltine.
    I have seen yes or no to all but Hazeltine.
    Totally purple, but have ANY of you talked discussed this with Matt Larsen, hey he might be considering trying to hire Bubba from UND.
    Ok, totally jet lag....

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Bubba is already one of our best employees. He needs a lifetime contract up there.

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    So Izzo had 4 people listed.
    Entz, Polasek, Vigen, and Scott Hazeltine.
    I have seen yes or no to all but Hazeltine.
    Totally purple, but have ANY of you talked discussed this with Matt Larsen, hey he might be considering trying to hire Bubba from UND.
    Ok, totally jet lag....