Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 48 of 48

Thread: 2019 Indoor Season

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Eugene, OR
    Posts
    12,674

    Default Re: 2019 Indoor Season

    Feels like we used to send more to nationals. All throwers, no runners or jumpers. Payton is top ranked going into both his events.

    Women Shot Put
    Bailey Retzlaff
    Shelby Gunnells

    Women Weight Throw
    Maddy Nilles

    Men Shot Put
    Payton Otterdahl

    Men Weight Throw
    Payton Otterdahl

    http://www.rtspt.com/ncaa/d1indoor19/

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    West Fargo
    Posts
    11,805

    Default Re: 2019 Indoor Season

    Minnesota Gopher's Redshirt Junior, Jonathon Tharaldsen, is the 15th seed going into the NCAA SHOT PUT Indoor Championships.

    Tharaldsen, a Bismarck HS graduate, defeated West Fargo's Alex Talley, (currently NDSU's #2 all-time indoor shot put performance leader), in the SHOT PUT at the 2015 North Dakota State Outdoor Championships.

    Tharaldsen won the event throwing 62' 11" and Talley finished 2nd at 57' 5".

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    648

    Default Re: 2019 Indoor Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo.Rider View Post
    Laura Roesler - Fargo South grad, 15-time or so All-American at Oregon.

    She ran a 1:59.80 on February 8 at the Hemory Valentine meet. First time she has gone under 2:00 indoors, and I think it puts her at #11 all-time for U.S. women indoors at 800m. She is off to her best start ever for a track season. The all-time best in 800m is 1:58.60, set this year. Prior to that it was 1:58.64.

    Last year, for the entire track season, she could not get under 2:00. Had quite a few races between 2:00 and 2:01, so a disappointing season for her. Getting under 2:00 this early is an important mental barrier. Glad she got there.
    Recently checked the website of Pace Sports Management - who manages Roesler's racing dates. Laura has run three races this indoor season. She ran a personal best 1000m. Couple weeks later, she ran a personal best indoor 800m, which in time was not far off her outdoor best. A couple weeks later she improved on her 1000m time, setting another personal best. She is off to a great start this year.

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    648

    Default Re: 2019 Indoor Season

    Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    Minnesota Gopher's Redshirt Junior, Jonathon Tharaldsen, is the 15th seed going into the NCAA SHOT PUT Indoor Championships.

    Tharaldsen, a Bismarck HS graduate, defeated West Fargo's Alex Talley, (currently NDSU's #2 all-time indoor shot put performance leader), in the SHOT PUT at the 2015 North Dakota State Outdoor Championships.

    Tharaldsen won the event throwing 62' 11" and Talley finished 2nd at 57' 5".
    TFRRS today has Tharaldsen as the 16th best (tie with one other person) at 63' 11 3/4" (19.50m)
    Talley meanwhile has the 21st best throw with a heave of 63' 5" (19.33m)

    Talley has shown the most improvement (I assume yr distances are from ND High School). If this continues, he will likely surpass Tharaldsen before their college seasons are over. Its a good rivalry.

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    West Fargo
    Posts
    11,805

    Default Re: 2019 Indoor Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo.Rider View Post
    TFRRS today has Tharaldsen as the 16th best (tie with one other person) at 63' 11 3/4" (19.50m)
    Talley meanwhile has the 21st best throw with a heave of 63' 5" (19.33m)

    Talley has shown the most improvement (I assume yr distances are from ND High School). If this continues, he will likely surpass Tharaldsen before their college seasons are over. Its a good rivalry.
    Yes.
    12 pound shot at the ND State HS meet in 2015.
    I believe (and I'll bet you do too)....that Coach St. Clair is one of the biggest reasons for Alex's stronger improvement.
    Last edited by IzzyFlexion; 02-28-2019 at 11:39 PM.

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    648

    Default Re: 2019 Indoor Season

    Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    Yes.
    12 pound shot at the ND State HS meet in 2015.
    I believe (and I'll bet you do too)....that Coach St. Clair is one of the biggest reasons for Alex's stronger improvement.
    Yes. No doubt. I have stated this before, I hope Justin stays for awhile, a few years. I hope NDSU is paying him enough. He might get paid more if he were at a bigger DI school. However, if it were me - if I am in an environment that allows me and my people to excel, I would think twice about going elsewhere. These kinds of environments don't just happen - there is a lot of things that have to fall in place to create the right chemistry. I would prefer to be a high-performance-making coach (or a champion-making coach) making a modest salary any day of the week over being a middling coach making a top tier salary at another place.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    648

    Default Re: 2019 Indoor Season

    A for what its worth ...

    A Jamaican girl ran the 100m in 11.37 recently. She is 14 years old.
    The NDSU school record in the 100m is 11.36, the 2nd best all-time is 11.57.

    The two Bison women who did this were terrific athletes. It just shows that sometimes there is crazy talent out there. The last few years in track and field have been pretty amazing - many American records have fallen, both college ranks and U.S. records, and a decent number of world records as well.

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    648

    Default Re: 2019 Indoor Season

    Hey Bailey and Shelby - best wishes today at the Div I Indoor Championships. Shot put this evening. May everything be 'on' for you all today.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •