Page 76 of 85 FirstFirst ... 26667475767778 ... LastLast

Thread: It’s a Done Deal

Default Re: It’s a Done Deal

[QUOTE=gizmo;1320474]This is strictly my opinion with few facts to base it upon. It appears that CK’s hiring was at least semi-controversial at KSU. The FCS label bothered a lot of boosters. Some KSU folks did not want to be outdone by Kansas’s hiring Les Miles. There is a good possibility that CK got over the hump by agreeing to bring a limited number of assistants with him and keep some core KSU staff in place. Bill Snyder’s fingerprints are all over this deal.[/QUOTE]

This is not accurate according to Gene Taylor. Interview is at kstatesports.com

BS: As we get into the details over the next few days, were there any stipulations put on Coach Klieman or any of the candidates for that matter about the current coaching staff retention?
    GT: No there's not. As you go through this process, we have some really great assistants. All we told every candidate is look, we have some great staff. We encourage you to interview as many or all of them, whatever you feel your needs are, because obviously they have coaches they're familiar with and coaches that they've coached with or people they've worked with that are maybe at other institutions. But we never want to say you have to hire somebody, that puts that coach in a bad position and puts the assistants in a bad position if you think about it because they only want to work if they're wanted too. We did tell them here are our staff that we think would be great additions if you wanted to keep them but that's up to you as the head coach. There was never a stipulation on any, whether it was Coach Klieman or any of our candidates, and there were never any real financial issues. They knew exactly what the contract was going to be and those that were interested knew what our parameters were. People take jobs and don't get jobs for a lot of different reasons.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    I'm going to come out and say this.... I think the following coaches are gone

Matt Entz
    Courtney Messingham
    Conor Riley
    Randy Hedberg

You can try to dismiss this all you want but late on Sunday, ALL of these guys started following Les Miles on Twitter.
    If you believe in the twitter follows they are also following some interesting people including insurance salesmen from Kansas City and other coaches/players from the area

Quote Originally Posted by noryan34 View Post
    If you believe in the twitter follows they are also following some interesting people including insurance salesmen from Kansas City and other coaches/players from the area
    Yeah because if I move, the first person I follow is an insurance agent 2 hours from the city I'm moving to. I dont even know my insurance agents name. We recruit Kansas / Missouri so seeing who Miles is being followed by or is following makes sense. Also coaching changes mean players with offers sometimes become available

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by noryan34 View Post
    Theres a reason that guy only has one follower. LOL
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Yeah because if I move, the first person I follow is an insurance agent 2 hours from the city I'm moving to. I dont even know my insurance agents name. We recruit Kansas / Missouri so seeing who Miles is being followed by or is following makes sense. Also coaching changes mean players with offers sometimes become available
    just adding logs to the already simmering fire.... I don't actually believe any of it til it is confirmed

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So did Matt Larsen. Explain that. I’m not sure Les Miles is relevant to anything here.
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    I'm going to come out and say this.... I think the following coaches are gone

Matt Entz
    Courtney Messingham
    Conor Riley
    Randy Hedberg

You can try to dismiss this all you want but late on Sunday, ALL of these guys started following Les Miles on Twitter.
    So did Matt Larsen. Explain that. I’m not sure Les Miles is relevant to anything here.
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Definitely not as compelling as the Hank Jacobs mass twitter follows. Interesting, but let's wait and see.

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I just got the text that Larsen is the new AD at KU and all those coaches are going to resume their respective positions on the KU football staff. Klieman was supposed to join them as the kicking coach but apparently spurned them for another opportunity.
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    If this is true do we end up with Polasek as HC, Goeser as DC, and Roehl as OC? Even that is a solid core or coaches in my mind. Hedberg would be the most surprising to me, but the others I could definitely see going with Klieman.
    I agree Hedberg would be the most surprising. Also, I think Hedberg was following Les Miles way before this week....like six months ago. At least I think that is what Gabe mentioned. I really hope we keep Randy. But I would be happy with this core, and then the pillaging of the FCS programs can commence.