Page 68 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast

Thread: It’s a Done Deal

Default Re: It’s a Done Deal

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    So he is going to be 100% committed to "this NDSU team" until the season is over? Full focus on NDSU??
    People can multitask. Pretty sure his job acceptance call with Gene proves that when Gene screwed up and called too early while Chris was getting an athlete corrected in his positioning.

In regards 100% committed, I hate to tell you this, but nobody does this. People have a lot going on outside of their jobs, like family and hobbies.

In regards to this week, the main job focus will be on beating SDSU. After that, a little bit of transition preparation for both schools with a main focus (yes, there will be other foci in regards to both schools) on beating EWU (maybe Maine) for the next three weeks (this is why there are assistant coaches). After the Championship Game, he's a Bison Legend and a full time Wildcat HC.

Chris needed to take this opportunity. There was probably zero chance this type of job would ever become available to him while coaching at NDSU. Due to NDSU's long seasons, there is no good time to accept new jobs as these types don't wait until after FCS Championships, especially now with the early day signing days for recruits. I would have been upset had he not taken it. He deserves it, and will succeed there.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonLaw View Post
    No shit. You don't think Easton Stick wanted him to stay? Bruce Anderson? Lance Dunn? Robbie Grimsley? Want me to keep going. He means the world to those kids.

You're right we are doomed because he is staying. Just like the last time this happened. How will we ever recover?
    What part of "not all players" do you not understand?? No need to keep going, I have names of a few that will be on the field Friday night that could care less if he is here. What's your point? Why would seniors care if he leaves after this year.

It wasn't all roses the last time NDSU went through this and there was a lot of internal turmoil.

Plus if you toss him out, and he wants a recruit, guess what he calls him anyways...
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

LOL.. OK.

Again, nothing against Klieman. I am relaying what I had heard (and posted earlier in the day) from players on the team. I'm sure they are thrilled that he took the call during practice when they are preparing to play a huge game Saturday. That video is disrespectful to this program. Gene couldn't even wait until practice was over to call and offer. Did it even ring twice?? Sounds like a guy that's fully committed to what is going on.

I give the man ton's of credit, who are you to question that?

Its no disrespect to Gene and Klieman but they also have their futures to look out for, not what's best for these players and school. How much prepping do you think Klieman does this week when he is making trips to Kansas and trying to get his future staff in place?
    You’re a fucking idiot who knows nor experienced NDSU FOOTBALL culture. Just STFU!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Where did I miss that?
    Quote Originally Posted by mhanson6 View Post
    Polasek is a terrible play caller! NO please don't hire him
    You dont have to call plays as HC

I hate to say it but Grizzled is mostly right. Of course he will have to juggle his new and current gig

I'll repeat for about the 4th time what I posted this afternoon before anyone knew he was taking this job, not all players wanted him to stay if he accepted this position. The narrative of the next 2 games changes to being all about Coach Klieman and Kansas St., not NDSU and its players.
    So what if all the players didn't want him to stay.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    People can multitask. Pretty sure his job acceptance call with Gene proves that when Gene screwed up and called too early while Chris was getting an athlete corrected in his positioning.

In regards 100% committed, I hate to tell you this, but nobody does this. People have a lot going on outside of their jobs, like family and hobbies.

In regards to this week, the main job focus will be on beating SDSU. After that, a little bit of transition preparation for both schools with a main focus (yes, there will be other foci in regards to both schools) on beating EWU (maybe Maine) for the next three weeks (this is why there are assistant coaches). After the Championship Game, he's a Bison Legend and a full time Wildcat HC.

Chris needed to take this opportunity. There was probably zero chance this type of job would ever become available to him while coaching at NDSU. Due to NDSU's long seasons, there is no good time to accept new jobs as these types don't wait until after FCS Championships, especially now with the early day signing days for recruits. I would have been upset had he not taken it. He deserves it, and will succeed there.
    Well said, brother! I would have disappointed had he not.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    You dont have to call plays as HC
    What does my quote have to do with your point? It related to Coach wanting the job.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Sounds like Larsen let the players make the call, which you can't argue with.

This is different than Bohl in that Klieman isn't going to try to rip the recrutiing class and program to shreds will sitting in the NDSU football office.
    CK dsserves credit for helping hold team together in 2013. At the same time, you cant let potentially half the staff walk out for the rest of the playoffs