Page 73 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast

Thread: It’s a Done Deal

Default Re: It’s a Done Deal

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Klieman has to have some if his guys or he will feel like an outsider. But hes going to keep some of them
    Seriously?Now youre just making shit up.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Where in all of this do they say they will be retaining the assistants? Why would you hire a coach who has been successful running a certain system to come in and run another coaches system? Makes no sense.
    I never said all but some. That's why the Littrell fell through. Klieman has 33 seniors. Continuity is huge. You clean house and you're wasting a rare 33 senior class. You start from scratch and that could actually set you back. And do you want year #1 with 33 seniors to turn into a rebuild and lose the fans?

People act like KSU is some garbage program that needs to be rebuilt. This ain't Iowa State. This is a Bill Snyder built team with a similar formula to what Klieman already does

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Congrats to CK he's earned it imo. One thing in all this because GT has mentioned it in the past you have to believe there were a lot of phone calls to ML about this. ML was not left in the dark like GT was with Bohl to some extent. I would think that ML had discussions with coaches already to gauge interest with his top targets and whether they would be heading to KSU.

Bohl had a way different personality than Klieman. We always made fun of Bohl's bleep-eating grin. The guy tried to act sincere but Klieman imo is more truly sincere. As in looking back on it. The way Bohl handled his situation vs if Klieman goes Bohl on it, that would be a much bigger surprise to me.

With it being the two biggest players in holding it together for NDSU last time with CK - GT. GT I believe would be very disappointed in Klieman if he chose that route after giving him 6 years guaranteed money; could be ended after 3 years but GT seems intent on giving him most time he can to prove himself. If he does go Bohl on it, I'll come back here and eat these words for you all. Not that gives the naysayers here any comfort.

Entz would be my #1 target but would think he would be high on CK list to take to KSU.
    I could probably get behind Messingham as he seems to have embraced the NDSU culture in the short time he's here but he'd need to hire a solid D coordinator that will keep the code green strong.

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Figured this was appropriate here as well...

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post
    Figured this was appropriate here as well...

Would have been better if you put bohls face instead of Houston but still funny

naw gotta strike a cord with all those JMU cupcakes that were certain Houston was SO good he would go right to the P5.

East Carolina lol

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    East Carolina lol
    It's already started.

Agreed. MH is where he needs to be, and deserves to be (for the moment). ECU may not be a P5, but it’s a better FB school than K-State, and if MH does well at ECU he’ll be a HC at an ACC school in North Carolina within the decade.
    https://csnbbs.com/thread-865092-page-5.html
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    LOL that is gold.