Page 67 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Thread: It’s a Done Deal

Default Re: It’s a Done Deal

Quote Originally Posted by heckler View Post
    Then we are in agreement... He will poach some recruits.
    We shall see, but iirc Bohl did not “poach” any commits.
    One disappointment I do remember is RB Brian Hill, who it seemed like Bohl had a good chance to get to commit to the Bison, instead went to Laramie - but to repeat, Hill was only an offer at the time, not a commit.

If I was Klieman, I would get after some of the prospects who seem to be waiting for the right FBS offer - e. g. RB Evan Hull (Maple Grove) or WR Treyton Welch (Buffalo).

Read on 247 that Kansas State only has 9 commits, so it is problematic on whatever happens. I sure like DT recruit Javier Derritt, who is from Kansas, and the LB from Illinois, Luke Weerts, was a K-State offer.
    Last edited by bruinbison; 12-11-2018 at 01:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    I actually agree with you and I think we can do that without Klieman around so get rid of the distraction now and let him move on to where he wants to be.

Again, you don't see this very often, if at all in college football. Keep a guy around your players that is not committed to the program.

Obviously the coaches were doing recruiting for KSU last night when their focus should be on NDSU. Where was Klieman's focus today during practice??
    Well you are correct, this is rare. The reason I do think it works here is just that it's Chris and Gene and their relationship and ties to NDSU. Would this work in most cases....probably not. I think it works here and now though. If Chris leaves now and takes a bunch of the staff, that leaves NDSU is a really bad place. Of course, I have no idea how many he is taking with him.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

So he is going to be 100% committed to "this NDSU team" until the season is over? Full focus on NDSU??
    Dude give it up. The kids want him to stay. He wants to stay. You act like this is unprecedented. Scott Frost did it at UCF last year. It's not ideal, but neither is the players not having CK on the sideline if they want him there.

Scooter1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

In my experience, the people who are worried about Klieman stealing recruits think that is what will happen because that is what their personal ethics would allow in a similar situation. The last time I checked, we weren't getting alot of verballs from kids that have full ride offers from KSU. Big difference between Wyoming and KSU...did coach Bohl get whiplash as Klieman rocketed past him?

LOL.. OK.

Again, nothing against Klieman. I am relaying what I had heard (and posted earlier in the day) from players on the team. I'm sure they are thrilled that he took the call during practice when they are preparing to play a huge game Saturday. That video is disrespectful to this program. Gene couldn't even wait until practice was over to call and offer. Did it even ring twice?? Sounds like a guy that's fully committed to what is going on.

I give the man ton's of credit, who are you to question that?

Its no disrespect to Gene and Klieman but they also have their futures to look out for, not what's best for these players and school. How much prepping do you think Klieman does this week when he is making trips to Kansas and trying to get his future staff in place?
    You're right, but what is ML to do? Send him packing immediately? What if he says, Okay to hell with you and takes the whole staff with him? Who is going to coach the team then? You, ML? Maybe we could get a bunch of guys from BV together for the game down in Frisco.

ML and all of Bison nation is between a rock and a hard place. I'm sure for continuity's sake, CK and staff will stay on through the championship and then will be done when the play clock hits zero.

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonLaw View Post
    Dude give it up. The kids want him to stay. He wants to stay. You act like this is unprecedented. Scott Frost did it at UCF last year. It's not ideal, but neither is the players not having CK on the sideline if they want him there.
    I'll repeat for about the 4th time what I posted this afternoon before anyone knew he was taking this job, not all players wanted him to stay if he accepted this position. The narrative of the next 2 games changes to being all about Coach Klieman and Kansas St., not NDSU and its players.

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonLaw View Post
    I'll repeat for about the 4th time what I posted this afternoon before anyone knew he was taking this job, not all players wanted him to stay if he accepted this position. The narrative of the next 2 games changes to being all about Coach Klieman and Kansas St., not NDSU and its players.

No shit. You don't think Easton Stick wanted him to stay? Bruce Anderson? Lance Dunn? Robbie Grimsley? Want me to keep going. He means the world to those kids.

You're right we are doomed because he is staying. Just like the last time this happened. How will we ever recover?

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEGUYSINGREEN View Post
    You're right, but what is ML to do? Send him packing immediately? What if he says, Okay to hell with you and takes the whole staff with him? Who is going to coach the team then? You, ML? Maybe we could get a bunch of guys from BV together for the game down in Frisco.

ML and all of Bison nation is between a rock and a hard place. I'm sure for continuity's sake, CK and staff will stay on through the championship and then will be done when the play clock hits zero.
    True, especially if Larsen wants to make an external hire which is a longer process. Having CK keeps some stability, especially when it comes to winning another NC.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

NDSU Press release was explicit on this....Klie man is here until the playoffs are done for us. He dislikes SDSU and will not let his seniors down, too much love between them.....I think we will see a very different, determined, and focused team come Friday.....SDSU bunnies are going to get stampeded....time quit bitching on hypotheticals and get behind our team, our seniors, juniors, sophmores, red-shirts, and true freshman....they need to know we, the Bison Nation truly believe in the statement "Once a Bison, Always a Bison!" Time to Bison Up and prove the NDSU Culture is unbreakable. Horns Up and Go Bison!!!!