Page 41 of 85 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: It’s a Done Deal

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: It’s a Done Deal

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Yep, he did go too far that time. What did he expect him to say? "Yes, Mike, I am blatantly lying to you. I am done, just haven't told anyone; Tim Polasek just got off the plane and will coach for me."
    That's exactly what his body language and phrasing tells me.

CK is tired and voice is sore because he was out late this weekend crack'in a cold Joose with Stig. What a good sport.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I don’t see anything wrong with the KSU questions. Just because CK said he doesn’t want to talk about it doesn’t mean a reporter shouldn’t have some follow-up questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    Couple of comments so far

1.) Klieman looks EXTREMELY tired. I am guessing it was a very very very late night for him last night. That or he has been crying a bit.

2.) He really stumbled on the question about coaching this Friday before answering it. Tells me he is gone.

3.) The expect to know response tells me that he knows. If it was really just a "I had a conversation and have no clue" you gotta believe he would have answered it with "I spoke with them last week, that's all I know and I don't know their process".

Really think he is gone.
    You win the king of speculation award. I thought it was a done deal? Now it's "really think he is gone"

FWIW, I've heard nothing to indicate he is gone. And not uncommon to be told by an employer when they will make a decision. With that said, I do bet he had a very late night.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    Couple of comments so far

1.) Klieman looks EXTREMELY tired. I am guessing it was a very very very late night for him last night. That or he has been crying a bit.

2.) He really stumbled on the question about coaching this Friday before answering it. Tells me he is gone.

3.) The expect to know response tells me that he knows. If it was really just a "I had a conversation and have no clue" you gotta believe he would have answered it with "I spoke with them last week, that's all I know and I don't know their process".

Really think he is gone.
    You win the king of speculation award. I thought it was a done deal? Now it's "really think he is gone"

STarting to become boring. Ill actually work now.

We couldn't get one question asking if Hank Jacobs would be made available for a question on his Twitter activity?

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I, for one, appreciate Mike McFeeley asking those K-state questions. That's what we all want to know anyways. And one can read into the response and delivery. I'd still be shocked if K-state does NOT hire CK.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

I agree with everyone else that said there was no way KSU lets NDSU break this news. Never going to happen. Also just because Klieman doesn't "know anything more" doesn't mean jack squat about whether the job is his or not. What do you want him to say? He is in a no win situation. IF he says, he's not going anywhere or he's definitely coaching this team Friday and then turns around in 24-36 hours and announces the KSU job then he's a liar. Whether he knew about the decision at this point or not fans would still be upset that he lied on Monday and obviously had to know.

His response of "I am planning on coaching this team on Friday because I am the head coach" is about all he could say. Again if he says, yes I am coaching this team on Friday and then ends up not coaching the team he looks like a liar regardless if he knew or not.

I think he handle it about as perfectly as he could have. He said that in his conversation with KSU on Thursday he thought he did very well and now he is just waiting to see. It's no like he is pretending that he didn't even interview or that he wouldn't want the job. To me that one or two sentence statement makes it obvious that he wants the job and is just waiting to hear if he got it.(no idea why anyone would say he might not want it, that's just dumb)

The fact that the final contract negotiations and details are handled by his agent makes it very easy for him to say he doesn't know any more without having to straight out lie. Until KSU agrees to the terms on the sheet and coach K can sign off he literally doesn't know 100% if he will be the next coach at KSU.

That got wordy ...