Page 83 of 85 FirstFirst ... 33738182838485 LastLast

Thread: It’s a Done Deal

Default Re: It’s a Done Deal

Im sure this has been said already, but Im just sitting here thinking...had klieman gone with bohl, does klieman get opportunities like this? Him staying and being loyal to Gene creates this opportunity in that future.

the Lesson: If you are an assistant, staying at NDSU has its rewards too. ;-)
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    Im sure this has been said already, but Im just sitting here thinking...had klieman gone with bohl, does klieman get opportunities like this? Him staying and being loyal to Gene creates this opportunity in that future.

Very good point!++++

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post

Yep, and I would guess that's something Klieman has told his friends like Entz and Messingham.

If a guy's goal is to be a head coach some day I really don't think the money difference between DC/OC at K-State and HC at NDSU is a big deal. I'd bet you'd see plenty of interest in the head coaching job at NDSU from current P5 coordinators if Larsen had the time to open the job up nationally and gauge interest. But there are some guys who are P5 coordinators who I'm sure don't have a lot of interest in being a head coach, at least right now (like Vigen didn't 5 years ago). It all boils down to what Entz's or Messingham's goals are or aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Even better, it looks like it was K State that made it. You have to love the respect they are giving us through all this.
    Respect, because of the free publicity they are going to get with their new coach on ESPN in front of their whole fanbase and in front of the country. (possibly twice).

Quote Originally Posted by thunderingherd View Post
    Respect, because of the free publicity they are going to get with their new coach on ESPN in front of their whole fanbase and in front of the country. (possibly twice).
    I bet they won't even mention on the broadcast that Klieman is on his way to K-State after the season. They never mention it on the broadcast when an FCS players is an FBS transfer.

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    If Gene isn’t at KSU does Kliemans name come up in this search?
    I believe I answered that in my post with this statement:

I've seen this coming for quite awhile (feel free to search my posts on this, especially in regards to debating with those who felt he would be a P5 DC instead), even before Gene got the job as KSU's AD.
    I don't know Coach Klieman nor have I ever spoken to him, but from what I've seen of him and the way he handles himself in person and on any type of video media, he's the type of individual I feel most people hope their sons grow up to be.
    Hail the BISON!!!

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU View Post
    This hire really aged him!
    Interesting interview. Here are a few of my takeaways:

1. Should the K-State president really be given the credit? Did he bring Taylor to K-State for the purpose of hiring Klieman? Frankly, I'm amazed that after all the turmoil related to replacing Snyder, Taylor was able to do it so smoothly. If you recall, a previous AD had already hired a "head coach-in-waiting," but Snyder nixed it because he wanted his son to replace him. That was just a few years ago. Somebody has done some remarkable work behind the scenes to make this happen. And I have to wonder if Taylor was hired as part of the K-State president's master plan.

2. Interviews in New York? Did anyone know that Klieman was in New York? If so, what was the stated purpose?

3. Not sure I would have responded so directly to the negativity in the fan base. I would have just talked about how great Coach is, how much the fans will come to appreciate him, how he is "their kind of people," and the importance of coming together as a fanbase during the off-season.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Quote Originally Posted by KidZer0 View Post
    It is very cool, would have been cooler if they would have had his shirt color transition across from green to purple... But I do like it and what it says.
    George WENTZ wore a saints/da bears Ditka split jersey held together by nacho cheese on snl gotta be a sign in there somewhere

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

You may find it interesting that Courtney Messingham became Iowa State's OC under similar circumstances. The OC at the time (Tom Herman) took another job (Ohio State OC). At the time, there was a big discussion about whether Herman should be allowed to remain as OC for the Pinstripe Bowl. He did, but our offensive play-calling was horrible until some adjustments were finally made in the 4th quarter after it was too late. Plenty of folks still blame Herman for not giving 100% in prep for that bowl.

Of course, Tom Herman is a unique bird, but it is an interesting bit of history. What might have been if Messingham had been made OC prior to the Pinstripe Bowl? Oh, and we fired him a few years later and hired Mark Mangino. Man, there have been a lot of twists and turns and what-might-have-beens. And Paul Rhoads was fired right after one of the most amazing and tragic come-from-behind-victories by . . . wait for it . . . K-State.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016