Page 65 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast

Thread: It’s a Done Deal

Default Re: It’s a Done Deal

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Can't blame Matt for the basketball hires since he didn't hire them. In regards to firing them, NDSU isn't in the financial well-being of paying coaches who aren't here along with ones that replace them.
    does richman get the tim miles treatment and "glossed over" due to football coaching search?

Quote Originally Posted by heckler View Post
    Then we are in agreement... He will poach some recruits.
    How many recruits did Bohl steal from us that were committed prior? Serious question.

MontBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Talked to Lieber about this before the Vikings game tonight (humble brag broke the news to him). He was fired up about the hire but was concerned that the pro style offense wouldn’t cut it in the Big 12. Said all the prior assistant coach deal was overblown and it was down to Klieman and “some guy who used to coach/play at Youngstown”. Pressed him if it was pelini but he wouldn’t say who. Thought that was and interesting wrinkle

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    Klieman agreed to a six-year contract with a base salary of $2.3 million in 2019 with a $200,000 raise each year, according to a Kansas State news release. Klieman made a $457,000 base salary, including bonuses, in 2017 at NDSU. just nedded to let that one out there again. Dude just signed a $14M contract!!!!!

SO you think the next young stud coach out there is not looking at that, looking at NDSU, looking that we pay up towards the top in FCS, have the full cost of attendance etc and is not contacting our AD. I cant wait for to watch this unfold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And the state laws for potential applicants will play an interesting part as well. Some of these young up and comers may not apply if they are in a good spot right now.

Also, if one of our coordinators does not get it (assuming they are not leaving) do they stick around?

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by heckler View Post
    A completely different teir but if you don't think NDSU has recruits that KSU could use I think you are wrong.
    Maybe a couple but for the most part he’s going up a level for recruits.

Manhattan is easier to recruit to than Laramie

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MontBison View Post
    Talked to Lieber about this before the Vikings game tonight (humble brag broke the news to him). He was fired up about the hire but was concerned that the pro style offense wouldn’t cut it in the Big 12. Said all the prior assistant coach deal was overblown and it was down to Klieman and “some guy who used to coach/play at Youngstown”. Pressed him if it was pelini but he wouldn’t say who. Thought that was and interesting wrinkle
    eric wolford?

Grizzled, Heckler and CalBison97, have you guys/gals actually paid attention to who Klieman is? He's a far cry from Bohl in regards to ethics.

I have a lot of trust in both Gene Taylor and Chris Klieman in that they weren't going allow this hire to adversely affect NDSU. Both are great people, so show them, especially Klieman the respect, they deserve.

Did you guys actually think that a P5 school would wait for NDSU's playoff season to be done to make a hire? I'm surprised they made it last this long to get Klieman.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MontBison View Post
    ya effin stud mont!!!! nice info🤘🤘🤘🤘🤘thanks!

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Trey and Jabril aren’t going anywhere. You don’t just leave a situation you are good with. That would set both back a year and I’m guessing since they redshirted they would lose a year of eligibility.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SlickVic View Post
    does richman get the tim miles treatment and "glossed over" due to football coaching search?
    If he doesn't meet NDSU's expectations, then his contract doesn't get renewed. I'm not sure what the expectations are, but NDSU is a Football school as opposed to a Basketball school. So I'm sure the expectations are the same as they are for the Football staff.
    Hail the BISON!!!