Page 50 of 85 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: It’s a Done Deal

RonMexico is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: It’s a Done Deal

Quote Originally Posted by SC_TX View Post
    Snyder didn't exactly tear it up in the last few years he was there. It would be different if KSU was coming off of a few 10 win seasons. They went 5-7 this year!
    For a team that has done pretty much nothing in 123 years (6 conference titles and 9 bowl game wins, in 123 years), their fans sure do think that their shit don't stink. The amount of bitching from the fans that Gene would even think of an FCS coach for such a job is just laughable. Bill Snyder was a tremendous coach, he did turn a program that had done absolutely nothing into a somewhat respectable program, but it isn't a program that demands a top tier coach to carry on the legacy like most of their fans think.

Quote Originally Posted by Mfergy4 View Post
    OOh McFeely just unloaded on Gene Taylor in a news article he just wrote, posted on InForum and tweeted on it. Called Gene out for letting CK twist in the wind like this.
    and GT's son is mixing it up with him. Ben Lecompte chiming in too.

Get ya popcorn ready.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Mfergy4 View Post
    OOh McFeely just unloaded on Gene Taylor in a news article he just wrote, posted on InForum and tweeted on it. Called Gene out for letting CK twist in the wind like this.
    I haven't read the article but good for him. Klieman doesnt deserve to be jerked around.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by BisonLaw View Post
    I'm not questioning what you saw. But that doesn't solidify anything. Klieman could have told him, hey, I'm thinking I have this locked up. Start prepping on the recruiting front. That's complete speculation obviously, but I'm just saying. Hank could have simply been preparing for something that is likely going to happen, but is not official yet.
    Exactly. You're speculating just like 2011 is. No one really knows whats going to happen. He can say the following of recruits is very telling, but then I can just say his activity of retweeting Bison material this morning is telling as well. No one will really know until the news breaks, until then, we can all guess. I'm thinking they go with the Troy coach, but maybe that's just me being biased since I would love nothing more then to have Klieman here for 20 more years, which I know won't happen.

https://twitter.com/FootballScoop/st...53300991508481

Several coaches have text me today saying, “Feels like Bill Snyder is somehow still influencing things at K-State”

Not sure why it has taken this long….

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    For a team that has done pretty much nothing in 123 years (6 conference titles and 9 bowl game wins, in 123 years), their fans sure do think that their shit don't stink. The amount of bitching from the fans that Gene would even think of an FCS coach for such a job is just laughable. Bill Snyder was a tremendous coach, he did turn a program that had down absolutely nothing into a somewhat respectable program, but it isn't a program that demands a top tier coach to carry on the legacy like most of their fans think.
    And... What was Snyder's coaching history before he took the job at K-State???

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    And... What was Snyder's coaching history before he took the job at K-State???

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    long time assistant at Iowa.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I don't really think this was in question. It seems obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonLaw View Post
    I'm not questioning what you saw. But that doesn't solidify anything. Klieman could have told him, hey, I'm thinking I have this locked up. Start prepping on the recruiting front. That's complete speculation obviously, but I'm just saying. Hank could have simply been preparing for something that is likely going to happen, but is not official yet.
    Not sure any of this matters anyway. I do think the timeline is starting to piece together:

Thursday, Dec 6 Klieman interviews, presumably by telephone or video conference.
    Friday, Dec 7 Gene is ready to move (thus football scoup, etc) and gets seriously blowback; he hits pause
    Saturday, Dec 8 Klieman confirms the interview, but states he does not have an offer.
    Sunday, Dec 9 some kind of contact happens making him think he's going to get the job or an actual offer. Unclear if contact is direct or through an agent. If you take him at his word, probably through an agent and not a clear offer yet. Hank starts the recruiting work only to get busted by bisonville.
    Monday, Dec 10 Still waiting for a decision or playing coy. He does have practice today which may be part of what he was waiting for if he is not being "straight up." Also, Gene is not dumb; he knows how to keep him out of an impossible situation and could have intentionally held off on confirming until after the presser.

Quote Originally Posted by #1BISONFAN ASHLEY View Post
    I don't really think this was in question. It seems obvious.
    Yeah, it just seems more and more like Klieman (and Taylor for that matter) is getting set up for failure if he's "playing from behind" with both the boosters/fan base and the legendary coach that he'd potentially be following.