Page 84 of 85 FirstFirst ... 347482838485 LastLast

Thread: It’s a Done Deal

Default Re: It’s a Done Deal

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    Others posted it before me. Only reason I noticed was because McFeely and Izzo commented on it.

I have a gigantic problem with someone who is in charge of our recruiting, not spending his focus working for NDSU while being employed by NDSU. Klieman had not signed a contract, allegedly, and Hank Jacobs was already working for K State. When your allegiance turns that fast, I’m sorry, but I have lost complete respect for you.

Hank Jacobs is not a coach. He is in an administrative role. No different than any other administrative role and professional.
    First, I'm not sure what you're referring to about "Others posted it before me." You started this thread and claimed to beat McFeely in the fourth post, and then posted this beauty in post #572, "All I gotta say is this. I told you so." Congrats, you figured out a terribly kept secret that many of us knew already was coming for weeks.

In regards to Hank, perhaps you're not thinking about this logically, but with too much emotion. The timeline of events that we fans/audience get to know is not the actually timeline (this is common with sports organizations). I don't know when Coach Klieman actually got the job, but I'm pretty sure it was verbally done before the Colgate game (Easton's response in the post game is a telling clue, plus the way the team played, this change isn't going to affect them much). The video of Gene calling Chris was clever and a good way to connect with their audience in a social media driven world, but the deal was probably agreed upon a few days earlier, despite what was said in any press conferences. Does that make Klieman a liar? No, it's not any different to me than coaches being vague about player injuries. We fans/audience don't get the whole truth immediately for a reason - we're not very good at handling it. Some of the posters on Bisonville the past few days proves that point.

Now, back to Hank, who didn't deserve to be called a "dip$hi+," do you realize that his part of recruiting NDSU players is about done as it can be? How much more can he do for NDSU with signing day being on December 19th? NDSU is pretty much full on verbals and is just waiting on NLI to be rolling in. My guess is that once Klieman agreed verbally to being KSU's next coach and notified Matt Larsen of the deal, one of the first people he asked to join him was Hank. Once Hank agreed, he was probably told to get the social media machine rolling in the KSU recruiting area as the Wildcats were not doing well with recruiting this year. Having Hank doing that made it easier for Chris to focus on his NDSU tasks. This is why coaches have staffs, they can't do everything themselves. So congrats, you villainized an individual for doing his job - a job that is making it easier for Klieman and Co. to fulfill their NDSU and KSU duties simultaneously.
    Hail the BISON!!!

With all the millions sloshing around and if Matt Larsen is at the top of his game, he will include the Richman and Walseth buyouts in the final numbers for Klieman. Kind of of a 3 for 1 deal. Gene Taylor can deal with his hiring mistakes.

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I hear lots of talk about "trusting" the former coaches, but I have trouble with that. Once they commit to another team, they have divided loyalties at best. And if the coach thinks that he is the best coach for a player, then he could say that it was in the player's best interest for him to flip his commitment. If a kid says he would rather play for K-State now that he has an opportunity, what should Klieman do? Let's remember, K-State needs help with recruiting right now. If I/m the AD and my new coach (from a perennial national champion team) didn't bring any recruits, I might be pretty disappointed. Once they get past their Big 12 arrogance, K-State fans better hope that Klieman brings some recruits with him. They desperately need them.

It is like a real estate agent. They have a first obligation and it isn't always for your best interest.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonCardinal View Post
    With all the millions sloshing around and if Matt Larsen is at the top of his game, he will include the Richman and Walseth buyouts in the final numbers for Klieman. Kind of of a 3 for 1 deal. Gene Taylor can deal with his hiring mistakes.
    Ooh I like this!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    I hear lots of talk about "trusting" the former coaches, but I have trouble with that. Once they commit to another team, they have divided loyalties at best. And if the coach thinks that he is the best coach for a player, then he could say that it was in the player's best interest for him to flip his commitment. If a kid says he would rather play for K-State now that he has an opportunity, what should Klieman do? Let's remember, K-State needs help with recruiting right now. If I/m the AD and my new coach (from a perennial national champion team) didn't bring any recruits, I might be pretty disappointed. Once they get past their Big 12 arrogance, K-State fans better hope that Klieman brings some recruits with him. They desperately need them.

It is like a real estate agent. They have a first obligation and it isn't always for your best interest.
    Was just on the insiders Bison 1660----a recruits Dad emailed in said his son was 100% committed to NDSU and that as far as he knows so are all of the hard commits. They will be at the game this Friday and cant wait

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post

NDSU recruits are here for the program, not the coaches. 2013 proved that and so will 2018.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    First, I'm not sure what you're referring to about "Others posted it before me." You started this thread and claimed to beat McFeely in the fourth post, and then posted this beauty in post #572, "All I gotta say is this. I told you so." Congrats, you figured out a terribly kept secret that many of us knew already was coming for weeks.

In regards to Hank, perhaps you're not thinking about this logically, but with too much emotion. The timeline of events that we fans/audience get to know is not the actual timeline (this is common with sports organizations). I don't know when Coach Klieman actually got the job, but I'm pretty sure it was verbally done before the Colgate game (Easton's response in the post-game is a telling clue, plus the way the team played, this change isn't going to affect them much). The video of Gene calling Chris was clever and a good way to connect with their audience in a social media-driven world, but the deal was probably agreed upon a few days earlier, despite what was said in any press conferences. Does that make Klieman a liar? No, it's not any different to me than coaches being vague about player injuries. We fans/audience don't get the whole truth immediately for a reason - we're not very good at handling it. Some of the posters on Bisonville the past few days proves that point.

Now, back to Hank, who didn't deserve to be called a "dip$hi+," do you realize that his part of recruiting NDSU players is about done as it can be? How much more can he do for NDSU with signing day being on December 19th? NDSU is pretty much full on verbals and is just waiting on NLI to be rolling in. I guess that once Klieman agreed verbally to being KSU's next coach and notified Matt Larsen of the deal, one of the first people he asked to join him was Hank. Once Hank agreed, he was probably told to get the social media machine rolling in the KSU recruiting area as the Wildcats were not doing well with recruiting this year. Having Hank doing that made it easier for Chris to focus on his NDSU tasks. This is why coaches have staffs; they can't do everything themselves. So congrats, you villainized an individual for doing his job - a job that is making it easier for Klieman and Co. to fulfill their NDSU and KSU duties simultaneously.
    Agree but disagree as well Hank Shit the bed and his deleting his contacts as fast as they were coming in is proof. If you are correct and I think you are....everyone was supposed to keep it under their hat and Hank Jumped the gun = Dipshit status for at least the day. You don't try and keep something under your hat in one hand and tell hank to go out and do his job on the other.

The the bigger point...Who the F cares. if your still on that your like 10 years behind at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    Agree but disagree as well Hank Shit the bed and his deleting his contacts as fast as they were coming in is proof. If you are correct and I think you are....everyone was supposed to keep it under their hat and Hank Jumped the gun = Dipshit status for at least the day. You don't try and keep something under your hat in one hand and tell hank to go out and do his job on the other.

The the bigger point...Who the F cares. if your still on that your like 10 years behind at this point.
    My guess, those in charge probably didn't realize someone would be stalking his social media accounts for clues. I believe he was trying to get a head of the game for his new job. If the contacts he dropped were NDSU recruits and interests, then that is more proof that KSU won't be going after them.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    My guess, those in charge probably didn't realize someone would be stalking his social media accounts for clues. I believe he was trying to get a head of the game for his new job. If the contacts he dropped were NDSU recruits and interests, then that is more proof that KSU won't be going after them.
    I dont disagree. It was all KSU....the most telling were not the recruits but all of the lower level admin types

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    I dont disagree. It was all KSU....the most telling were not the recruits but all of the lower level admin types
    Honestly, I don't know as I don't have any social media accounts, and therefore, can't see exactly what the fuss was about his twitter account. Hank accomplished his tasks at NDSU in regard to this year's recruiting class. Having him focus on his next job/task is a non-factor in regards to Klieman getting the KSU job, which I believe, happened probably before the Colgate game (verbally, at least) and the team, or at least the leaders, were told about it.
    Hail the BISON!!!