Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison vs the Joose and Company in the Dome

Default Re: Bison vs the Joose and Company in the Dome

Quote Originally Posted by cbline View Post
    As I recall, TC got a bit gun-shy after taking a sack where Menard hit him squarely in the back from the blind side.
    Yes - rewatched that game last night and he was trying to shake off some discomfort after that hit. As you say he played a little bit contact shy the rest of the way. I’m sure Matt Entz has planned to get some pads on him early - in fact I think he said as much during his Insiders interview yesterday.

Gotta keep a lid on that 35 kid as he is pretty fast on the outside.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    Wonder if there's a Fargo special that's been kept under wraps?
    Shhh- Too many SDSU Coaches come here for inside info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

5th game in three years against the Jacks. The team that has had the most rushing yards has won the previous four. TC can't beat us with his arm alone. Stop the run, get an early lead and make them one dimensional.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Gotta keep a lid on that 35 kid as he is pretty fast on the outside.

He's done for the year, he had a serious leg injury (don't recall what exactly) a couple weeks later in their game against Youngstown. But that's not really a break for the Bison since they've got 2 younger guys in Wilson (#8), who's a true freshman who'd played some in that first matchup between these two, and Strong Jr (#20), who's a redshirt freshman and won MVFC freshman of the year but didn't play against NDSU, who are very good backs to go along with Mikey Daniel (#26).

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Thanks! I am legitimately cranked the f up for this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    He's done for the year, he had a serious leg injury (don't recall what exactly) a couple weeks later in their game against Youngstown. But that's not really a break for the Bison since they've got 2 younger guys in Wilson (#8), who's a true freshman who'd played some in that first matchup between these two, and Strong Jr (#20), who's a redshirt freshman and won MVFC freshman of the year but didn't play against NDSU, who are very good backs to go along with Mikey Daniel (#26).
    Ah OK thanks. I did hear the Insiders talking about one guy out for the year but had not translated that to the number. They also talked about Strong Jr on multiple occasions too.

Is their receiving corps intact at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    This^^^ We need Blake Williams back even at less than full strength. Jack Darnell is a drop off in speed and attitude.
    Williams expects to be "full go" on Friday night.

https://www.inforum.com/sports/footb...and-his-family
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Ah OK thanks. I did hear the Insiders talking about one guy out for the year but had not translated that to the number. They also talked about Strong Jr on multiple occasions too.

Is their receiving corps intact at this point?

Yeah, Johnson (#15) and Anderson (#80) are both healthy as far as I can tell from watching their first two playoff games. Johnson has 64 catches for 1243 yards and 16 TDs on the year and Anderson has 46 catches for 702 yards and 7 TDs on the year. That's more than double their next leading receiver in all categories. Allison and Bridges will need to be on their game but they move Johnson around a lot (like NDSU does with Shepherd) to get him in space and to get mismatches on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Yeah, Johnson (#15) and Anderson (#80) are both healthy as far as I can tell from watching their first two playoff games. Johnson has 64 catches for 1243 yards and 16 TDs on the year and Anderson has 46 catches for 702 yards and 7 TDs on the year. That's more than double their next leading receiver in all categories. Allison and Bridges will need to be on their game but they move Johnson around a lot (like NDSU does with Shepherd) to get him in space and to get mismatches on him.
    They both looked pretty good to me in our reg season game. Going to be a fun one! I’m glad the offense had a chance to face a little better defense last week to get tuned up.

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    5th game in three years against the Jacks. The team that has had the most rushing yards has won the previous four. TC can't beat us with his arm alone. Stop the run, get an early lead and make them one dimensional.
    To me, this is what's going to win the game.

Stop their run game and we will win. Tara can throw the ball, that's for sure. As long as they aren't lighting the field up with 30 yard passes, we'll be fine.

I think it goes without saying but the trenches is were this game will be won or lost.