Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison vs the Joose and Company in the Dome

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Bison vs the Joose and Company in the Dome

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    His accuracy from the pocket hasn't exactly been stellar either in their first two playoff games. Of course weather conditions were awful for both those games as well. But it seemed to me when he burned Duquesne and Kennesaw it was when he escaped the pocket either to run or throw.
    He's much more lethal outside the pocket. Cant remember a 5 step drop of his in the last couple years that made me think "ah shit that dude can spin it"
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

Quote Originally Posted by G_Funky View Post
    Most concerned about:

1) QB designed runs. TC is going to get his yards when improvising but he definitely seems more productive when he's got blockers in front of him.
    2) Cade Johnson jet sweeps. They have incorporated him in their jet motion pretty regularly...eerily similar to our use to Shep. You have to account for him bc if he turns the corner with an alley its gonna be hard to run him down. Over commit to the get sweep and Strong or TC is out the gate.
    3) Anderson (#80) on the edge. Great possession receiver with big play ability. We arent going to be able to rely on Grimsley in the box nearly as much this week.

I dont think their defense is good enough to make us one dimensional...our run game is has too many variations to take that away. I am interested to see how well we run in between the tackles. Their starting NT is out this week and their starting safety is in concussion protocol. I also dont think they're good enough on the back end to completely eliminate our passing game. Sproles and Freeman showed out last week...I think their contributions early will be critical on keeping the Jack's defense honest.

If the Jacks can weather the emotions at the beginning of the game then it's going to end up a 4 qtr slug fest. However, if they cant get off the field and struggle in their first couple possessions it could get out of hand quickly.
    I see on the Jacks Fan board that Krok (DT) is definitely out & Snyder (safety) is on concussion protocol...anyone else aware of any other injuries to their defense?

Quote Originally Posted by Hardrocker View Post
    I see on the Jacks Fan board that Krok (DT) is definitely out & Snyder (safety) is on concussion protocol...anyone else aware of any other injuries to their defense?
    Wait, SDSU has a concussion protocol?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Yes. It's called "hide his helmet until Stig yells to put him back in the game".

Rosenboom got speared in the hip by a blocker hard enough to lift him off of the ground. He actually left the game with a limp but came back in later, I'm sure he's still sore.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    SDSU code for he's playing.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Listening to SDSU play by play guy on The Insiders today, I thought he also mentioned they lost one of their better DB's to a knee injury.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    Rosenboom got speared in the hip by a blocker hard enough to lift him off of the ground. He actually left the game with a limp but came back in later, I'm sure he's still sore.
    Yeah I saw that too. Pretty sure he only missed one play and made a tackle his first play back in though.

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    As long as his hands work so he can grab and twist ankles

be a shame if someone got a hit on that hip if it's still sore.....
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯