Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Bison vs the Joose and Company in the Dome

Default Re: Bison vs the Joose and Company in the Dome

I'm feeling pretty good about the Bison this Friday night...

I think there will be a someone coaching his last career game as an FCS head coach on Friday night but it won't be Chris Klieman...

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I think there will be a someone coaching his last career game as an FCS head coach on Friday night but it won't be Chris Klieman...
    Yeah. Stig is totally going to Drake
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The D has to make Christian uncomfortable and than contain him when he is flushed out of the pocket. This game is won on the D and O lines. The big boys need to bring it!

One of the sets I will be watching to see how we handle it as a few teams have had a bit of success. That set is when they spread out 4 wide and we leave the middle open. SDSU QB could make us pay in that situation if he makes one guy miss it leaves a lot of room to run. It will be fun to watch.

This will be a similar result to 2016 playoffs

I think SDSU is in for a world of hurt.

I'm most concerned with over pursuing the QB. Christion has burned us in the past when we get up field too quick and he steps up and takes off. I would be happy to give up sacks in order to contain him and force him to make quick decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I'm most concerned with over pursuing the QB. Christion has burned us in the past when we get up field too quick and he steps up and takes off. I would be happy to give up sacks in order to contain him and force him to make quick decisions.
    His accuracy from the pocket hasn't exactly been stellar either in their first two playoff games. Of course weather conditions were awful for both those games as well. But it seemed to me when he burned Duquesne and Kennesaw it was when he escaped the pocket either to run or throw.

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Most concerned about:

1) QB designed runs. TC is going to get his yards when improvising but he definitely seems more productive when he's got blockers in front of him.
    2) Cade Johnson jet sweeps. They have incorporated him in their jet motion pretty regularly...eerily similar to our use to Shep. You have to account for him bc if he turns the corner with an alley its gonna be hard to run him down. Over commit to the get sweep and Strong or TC is out the gate.
    3) Anderson (#80) on the edge. Great possession receiver with big play ability. We arent going to be able to rely on Grimsley in the box nearly as much this week.

I dont think their defense is good enough to make us one dimensional...our run game is has too many variations to take that away. I am interested to see how well we run in between the tackles. Their starting NT is out this week and their starting safety is in concussion protocol. I also dont think they're good enough on the back end to completely eliminate our passing game. Sproles and Freeman showed out last week...I think their contributions early will be critical on keeping the Jack's defense honest.

If the Jacks can weather the emotions at the beginning of the game then it's going to end up a 4 qtr slug fest. However, if they cant get off the field and struggle in their first couple possessions it could get out of hand quickly.
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.