Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031

Thread: Bison vs the Joose and Company in the Dome

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Bison vs the Joose and Company in the Dome

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I will be two stepping in the isle when it comes on.
    Get this guy on the dance cam!!
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Pretty tight lipped from the coaches themselves but based on chatter here and on AGS this is what I would guess if it was an NFL style injury report.

For SDSU: DT Krolikowski (questionable - didn't play last week), SS Snyder (questionable - knocked out cold last week)
    For NDSU: RB Dunn (doubtful), DT Williams (probable), CB Hayes (probable)
    Since when has being knocked out kept a bunny from being put back in?
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Things I’ll be watching today include:

*some parody of SDSU twitter is about to occur, so Jackrabbit fans should not read further and instead should scurry under the fence like when I send “Sheriff Murphy and Deputy Buddy” out to the backyard......

- “Captain Nebraska” aka Easton Stick -
    Stick made some key 3rd down runs last time. Both he and Taryn Christion are both so effective running the ball when necessary, even off of designed plays. Personally I’m enjoying the improvement in the Bison offense since the 1st SDSU game. And also enjoying the aggressive play-calling by OC Messingham. So I’m hoping there are a lot more big plays and less 3rd and longs. Who is in charge of Christion containment on 3rd down?

- Lt Commander J. Allison - Omaha Command’s finest - in charge of aerial defense - does he go Marcus Williams Island on a WR, or is there help over the top? Gotta know where WR’s Cade Johnson (64 receptions, 1243 yards, 16 TD’s) and Adam Anderson are (46 receptions, 702 yards, 7 TD’s).

- “Rushmore Defense” - led by the pass rush of Derrek Tuszka and Spencer Waege and the timely blitzes of Dan Marlette -
    Can they keep the Jackrabbit QB on the run and force early throws to empty spaces? While not considered good enough to play for SDSU - where all the best SD players play (lotsa purple) - they have thrived in Bisonation!
    And the full Rushmore DLine pass-rush outfit, how much do we see it?
    Menard - Karcz - Waege - Tuszka
    It would also be good at Christion containment, maybe a little light on run defense......

- SDSU CB Jordan Brown - considered a future NFL’er, does he get to be on an island against a WR? Does he follow Darrius Shepherd?

- Does Krockett Krolikowski play? The sophomore DT gets a spot on the all-name team - Stig was a wascally wabbit and left Krolikowski on the 2-deep, but he did not travel to Atlanta for the Kennesaw State game due to a knee injury.

- Another all-name team player, LG Tiano Pupungatoa - great size for an OL (6’ 5” 310) - can he make room for the 605

on runs between the tackles, or do the 701 Bizon prevail?

I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Christion has always struck me as being kind of soft (I'm sure any bunny rabbit lurkers are searching for bulletin boards right now). Not that any QB likes to get hit but it seems to me like Wentz and Stick handle hits better than Christion does. Get some hits on him and contain him in the pocket and he'll be erratic.

He also slides which is something I don't ever recall Wentz or Stick ever doing. Wentz still looks super awkward sliding even though I'm sure it's been drilled into his head by his coaches that he needs to do it more often.
    And I was saying....

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Is it actually going to be a good one though...
    Yay!!!!!!!

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Christion has always struck me as being kind of soft (I'm sure any bunny rabbit lurkers are searching for bulletin boards right now). Not that any QB likes to get hit but it seems to me like Wentz and Stick handle hits better than Christion does. Get some hits on him and contain him in the pocket and he'll be erratic.

He also slides which is something I don't ever recall Wentz or Stick ever doing. Wentz still looks super awkward sliding even though I'm sure it's been drilled into his head by his coaches that he needs to do it more often.
    The difference between TC and W/S is TC falls backward, while W/S deliver the hit/fall forward .... sort of like the history of SDSU vs NDSU
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    The difference between TC and W/S is TC falls backward, while W/S deliver the hit/fall forward .... sort of like the history of SDSU vs NDSU
    Yeah, when a QB slides late (like Christion did that first time the trainers had to come out for him) he actually puts himself in more danger than if he just would've lowered his head a la what Stick did. Late slides put the QB in a vulnerable position with nothing to break his fall backwards if he does get hit (which usually happens with late slides).

After watching the replay I was very surprised Hendricks didn't get flagged on that play and he could've easily been called for targeting on top of it. That's not to say there was anything remotely dirty about what he did, he committed to his target (which was low) before Christion started his slide but usually the defender does not get the benefit of the doubt from the stripes in that situation.