Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Colgate Post Game Thoughts

Default Re: Colgate Post Game Thoughts

More player "feedback" about fan support: https://twitter.com/JDarnell_57/stat...929911298?s=19

They do notice...

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Kansas questions didn't bother me. They are extremely relevant and I'm guessing plenty are interested in his answers.

Also thought Klieman and Stick handled them perfectly. Whatever the outcome the program is handling this situation expertly.
    Agree on both points. Mike's follow up questions were fine as well as he was trying to make sure we weren't getting "the non-denial, denial". No problem with it.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It seems like Mike is trying to be lead investigate reporter on this story. It also seems like he doesn't have the sources to do so, leaving him to ask his questions during a press conference, making generalizations and assumptions from others work (footballscoop), and using Twitter to form his story.

There was a reply to one of his tweets this week from Lecompt and if that reply is any indication of what the football program thinks of ol' Mikey he's probably not getting anywhere with his "investigating". It wouldn't surprise me if this were the case with the way he has handled things in the past, with just throwing things it there to see what sticks and sensationalizing stories.

Edit: just to add, I don't think everything reported about NDSU needs to have a positive spin or the media can't be critical, but it should be done in a professional manner. I haven't watched the press conference so I won't comment on whether the k-state questions were out of line or not. It is a story and those questions deserve to be asked (though not dominate a press conference after a quarterfinal game).

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ndsu84 View Post
    Mcfooly is clearly the dipshit in every room.
    Fixed it for you.

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    It seems like Mike is trying to be lead investigate reporter on this story. It also seems like he doesn't have the sources to do so, leaving him to ask his questions during a press conference, making generalizations and assumptions from others work (footballscoop), and using Twitter to form his story.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    I am glad someone at least asked CK. I would have been disappointed had anyone from the media not attempted to extract some sort of information.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    One of the great FCS teams ever fielded. It's complete. Special teams is fantastic. Offense is dynamic and unpredictable. Defense is savage and ball hawking. Perhaps better than the '13 Bison. Hard to compare against '95 Marshall and '95 Montana, but the '18 Bison will be among that conversation. We owe Coach Kleiman a lot for building these teams.
    Perhaps? I acknowledge that I may be under the influence of the “recency effect” but I no longer believe there is a question that the ‘18 Bison Football Team is the finest of all during this run.

I am further convinced that they’re still sandbagging. Maybe we’ll see the real deal on Friday night.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Perhaps? I acknowledge that I may be under the influence of the “recency effect” but I no longer believe there is a question that the ‘18 Bison Football Team is the finest of all during this run.

I am further convinced that they’re still sandbagging. Maybe we’ll see the real deal on Friday night.

I think that to remove the "Perhaps" requires them to finish. Only then can the debate begin in MHO.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Our section 8 was a circus. Loud and crazy. My seat neighbor was the toothpaste. I thought the signs were old and wore out but dressing as toothpaste? Funny
    This might have been the first time I really thought the refs were a threat to determine the outcome.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Like Dabison pointed out to me, it was sure nice that Stick (and maybe the OC) went back to Phoenix Sproles for that TD pass, after Sproles missed on a long TD pass earlier in the game. Hope it’s a confidence builder for the true freshman.
    At first glance it looked like a bad drop. After watching the replay, that would have been an incredible catch. His body was twisted awkwardly

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    I think that to remove the "Perhaps" requires them to finish. Only then can the debate begin in MHO.
    I don’t completely disagree with that. But suppose that they dispatch the rabbits on Friday and then complete the unbeaten season in January. There will still be that nagging question about no FBS program defeat.

I’m thinking more along the line of if we could line up the ‘13 Bison against the ‘18 Bison for a game, which one do you thing would win? <purple>Who would you cheer for?</purple>

Don't believe everything you think.