Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Has Turned Down A Job With Substantially More Money and Why?

Default Who Has Turned Down A Job With Substantially More Money and Why?

I keep hearing about Klieman not leaving but come on, who could turn down the money ?

Just curious to hear any stories of bisonvillers who turned down jobs with a substantial pay increase and why you did it.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Who Has Turned Down A Job With Substantially More Money and Why?

I have. Because I have no interest in living and raising a family in a big city. And I'd take a significant pay cut tomorrow if I could find a similar job in lakes country.

That said, I don't think anybody thinks Klieman would turn down KSU. So I'm not sure where you "keep hearing" that.

He would never turn it down. Speculation he would is ignorant. Keep in mind, we dont know if hes been offered. Obviously there is interest. Lots of politics in the power 5.

Dont want to see him go but If he gets it, I am happy for him. Promote from within and keep the proven system in place

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Mine envolves the oilfield. Would have left an Ag company to do so. Had an opportunity to make almost double my salary. Reason for not taking it was it meant leaving my young family for extended days at a time with no real schedule.

I have actually taken a decrease in pay to see my family every day.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

I've stated this for what is probably been a few years now - KSU is the perfect place for Klieman. His ethics fit the place and he'll win there.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Seth Littrell

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Seth Littrell

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I turned down a job in Fargo that was ~25% more than I was making at the time. Turned it down because I wouldn’t be able to work from home.
    Looking good Billy Ray!

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If I was Coach K, I would not rush into the KS job just because of the money. The KS job appears to be designed to ensure the next coach fails if you cannot pick your own staff, but have to inherit Synder's staff. If you fail, then Taylor fails. Taylor is your white knight. If Taylor goes down, then your future anywhere is in doubt. This decision for Coach K isn't just about the money, it would be about his future coaching career above the FCS level.
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

My wife left a job at a fortune 50 that was worth many millions because the stress of it was literally destroying her health. Money is definitely not everything.

That said if you can stomach the pressure of a multi million dollar per year gig for four or five years and you are willing to maintain your prior standard of living then how much more career do you need? Perhaps not too much?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.