Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Who Has Turned Down A Job With Substantially More Money and Why?

Default Re: Who Has Turned Down A Job With Substantially More Money and Why?

Quote Originally Posted by 1st&TennBison View Post
    The whole idea that just because it is a P5 coaching job or it pays 2-4 million a year should make no difference at all. The most important thing that should be on anyones mind is are they happy. Coach K is making a lot of money for no matter where you live in the country or what your education level is. So the questions that he or anyone else for that matter should be asking is, "Am I Happy". He has multiple levels to consider, does he make enough money to provide for his family and future, is the family happy with his job, do they live in a nice safe place, and whatever else is important to him. More money does not not guarantee happiness, as a matter of fact, it quite often leads to more stress. So point is, if his family likes Fargo and NDSU, and can manage to survive on 500K a year in pay and benefits plus all the other little perks a person of his status gets around town, then why leave. And if more money and a P5 coaching job is his desire, and it is offered, then go for it.
    I've been offered jobs that pay double and turned them down, but I obviously dont make the same level or money as Bill Snyder.

Big difference between 100k to 200k to 300k to 400k when your talking 3 million. That's more than most people will make their entire working life. You could literally work for 2 years and never work again. Its life changing money

3 million a year Is retirement money. That's just an absurd amount of money.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I've been offered jobs that pay double and turned them down, but I obviously dont make the same level or money as Bill Snyder.

Big difference between 100k to 200k to 300k to 400k when your talking 3 million. That's more than most people will make their entire working life. You could literally work for 2 years and never work again. Its life changing money

Yeah, this coupled with the fact that he doesn’t really have much else to prove here in Fargo would lead me to believe he’s gone.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Yeah, this coupled with the fact that he doesn’t really have much else to prove here in Fargo would lead me to believe he’s gone.
    Hr hadn't been offered yet, as far as we know. But if he is, he will take it

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post

It is and it is isn’t. I’ve worked in the hedge fund and private equity industry for the last twenty five years. As a result I know lots of peeps who have made seven and even eight digit annual incomes PLUS have nine digits of off shore carried interest. Yet they keep coming to work day in and day out because their life style changes to adapt in most cases.
    Don't believe everything you think.

devin45k is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I’ll sell all y’all out for 5 dollars
    The fella that watches the CFL

Quote Originally Posted by devin45k View Post
    I’ll sell all y’all out for 5 dollars
    Nobody here is worth that much.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯