Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colgate Ticket Solution= Scheels & Gate City buys Tickets

Default Colgate Ticket Solution= Scheels & Gate City buys Tickets

Scheels and Gate City buy 1000 tickets each.. (or 500 each) and give them to underprivileged families in the Fargo area to go see a game!!

this is a good solution for everyone, seats get filled, Scheels/Gate City get tons of feel good publicity as well as NDSU!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Colgate Ticket Solution= Scheels & Gate City buys Tickets

So we want corporate sponsors to do exactly what we give SDSU shit for???

Who cares if there are 2000 open seats, those are the ones that sit on Facebook all game anyway, not sure why people get so hung up on some open seats, even the NFL isn't filling stadiums to capacity anymore

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    So we want corporate sponsors to do exactly what we give SDSU shit for???

Who cares if there are 2000 open seats, those are the ones that sit on Facebook all game anyway, not sure why people get so hung up on some open seats, even the NFL isn't filling stadiums to capacity anymore
    SDSU did it to limit Bison ticket sales.

If Colgate fans were knocking on the box office window looking for tickets then it would be kind of lame to deny that.

However, the idea of providing families an opportunity to attend a Bison game that wouldn't be able to afford to go otherwise (especially this time of year) is a great idea. But not for the "fill the stadium" aspect...it would just be a pretty cool thing to do if they have the seating available. Hell, they should just give the tickets away.
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

I don't think it's about Colgate guys. It's the next weekend the dome won't be empty and it also won't be all Bison fans if this continues.

Lardsin must go!

Ya, people who are poor shouldn't be given the opportunity to see a game. And Fanette says people are buying tickets for Veterans. Who knows whose next.
    If it is SDSU next week, and I expect it to be, it will be a draw for Bison fans.
    Last edited by Vet70; 12-06-2018 at 01:52 PM.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Ya, people who are poor shouldn't be given the opportunity to see a game. And Fannette says people are buying tickets for Veterans. Who knows whose next.
    If it is SDSU next week, and I expect it to be, it will be a draw for Bison fans.
    Yeah. I don't really see a downside with doing that. Not necessarily something they would do at the last minute, though either.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Ya, people who are poor shouldn't be given the opportunity to see a game. And Fanette says people are buying tickets for Veterans. Who knows whose next.
    not at all what i said

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Yeah. I don't really see a downside with doing that. Not necessarily something they would do at the last minute, though either.
    exactly, essentially it would be a cover for them buying all the tickets to say its sold out. Same damn thing that happens in Brookings, they want to say the NDSU-SDSU game is sold out knowing damn well they wont fill the stadium.

You cant buy 2K plus tickets on Thursday-Friday before the game and still fill it. Lip stick on a pig...Hell most people that would get them free would instantly put them on the market for cash

not at all what i said
    My apologies.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

not at all what i said

exactly, essentially it would be a cover for them buying all the tickets to say its sold out. Same damn thing that happens in Brookings, they want to say the NDSU-SDSU game is sold out knowing damn well they wont fill the stadium.

You cant buy 2K plus tickets on Thursday-Friday before the game and still fill it. Lip stick on a pig...Hell most people that would get them free would instantly put them on the market for cash
    It's funny you say that, if you recall a few years back a game got moved to Detroit ( I am thinking it was the Vikings), NFL game away the tickets, long lines to get them, gone in a few hours.

Thousands listed on Craigslist for sale that day.

So peoples kids.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Scheels and Gate City buy 1000 tickets each.. (or 500 each) and give them to underprivileged families in the Fargo area to go see a game!!

this is a good solution for everyone, seats get filled, Scheels/Gate City get tons of feel good publicity as well as NDSU!
    GREAT IDEA using others peoples money!!!!!!!!!