Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: First time poster here-honest question

Default Re: First time poster here-honest question

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    "hasn't called them enough" suggests he has called them some. Are you saying he has called them at least once, but has had his overtures rebuffed?
    He should try sending them the text.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I've only been on BV for four years or so, and I don't post as often as others. But for the past couple of years, I have been pretty animated about two themes: pro-FBS and anti-basketball-sucking-under- Richman. It got me wondering if these two things go hand in hand. Are the people who get tired of talking about FBS the same people who get tired of the complaining about basketball? Conversely, are the people who want to go FBS the same people who are unhappy with where basketball is at? It kind of has the same feel in the intensity of the debate.

I'm wondering if pro-Richman and pro-FCS are the same people, i.e. pro-status quo. I honestly don't know, and don't feel like going through year old posts and looking people's posts up. These may well be two distinct issues where some of us are divided on football but united in our outlook on basketball, or vise versa. But it would be interesting if it turns out that it breaks down as status quo vs. moving forward. Or, if you're in the status quo camp, you might characterize it as realism vs. useless pipe dreaming.
    I'm for new leadership in both men's and woman's basketball. I don't get too involved in the FBS move up now threads because they are a moot point. The reality is we need new leadership in both basketball programs and we aren't moving up to FBS anytime soon without a conference invite and the finances to do so.That being said if the MWC or MAC were looking to expand we should be ready to look into it...but, their not, so nothing really to discuss.

"hasn't called them enough" suggests he has called them some. Are you saying he has called them at least once, but has had his overtures rebuffed?
    Since both the President and AD have consistently said they do not want NDSU to move up I think it is safe to say no calls have been made.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Loaf View Post
    C’mon tony, go ahead and say what you’re REALLY thinking. I’m a big boy and I can take it.

3. Light a fire under Loaf’s fat ass to get AC/DC in here.
    AC/DC to the west lot? Dude...we need to expand the tailgate lot first.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think for the most part the people that are pro FBS (myself included) aren’t saying nor trying to imply that we desire to move up next year or the year after. That is very impractical and unrealistic. What I would like to know personally is there a timeframe say in 5 years for example that the university as a whole can maybe shoot for to see how close we are to make it reality. There are steps being made I believe such as all of the development that has happened over the last few years with the SHAC and such and now the goal for the new IPF. Also the addition of full cost of attendance being offered across the board for all sports. These are all steps in the right direction in my eyes. Obviously a lot can happen in 5 years with the new tv contracts and this possible “split” in FBS but nobody knows it that’s even going to happen. I guess Larson saying that they are monitoring the football landscape is maybe his way of saying we are looking into FBS but need time to see if funds and infrastructure can be obtained to make it truly public.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Since both the President and AD have consistently said they do not want NDSU to move up I think it is safe to say no calls have been made.
    Source? Link?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by bosco View Post
    Source? Link?
    Watch the news or read a paper. See you Saturday troublemaker.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by TiderinTexas View Post
    Hi guys, I'm an Alabama alum and have watched NDSU a number of times on the TV. Tremendous respect for what all the program has accomplished at the Division IAA (or FCS) level.

Do you know or think that NDSU will eventually move to the Division IA (FBS) ranks? Honestly, I think they could be pretty good to VERY successful at that level. I would think the Mountain West would be the most logical FBS move, if they were to make that move.

I watch a fair amount of Mountain West football and I think right now, NDSU could beat most (if not all) of those teams.

Anyhow, good luck and I was curious to see what you guys thought.
    I Pos Repped you into the big time. very astute question and exactly what these bison fans from Hoople ND on here need to here!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

BV is more exhausting than my 3 year old twins.
    Rule #76: No excuses, play like a champion!

Quote Originally Posted by bosco View Post
    Source? Link?
    We havent moved up. We're awesome and there is no reason any conference would say no if we asked. Besides, I want it. Therefore, it is self evident that the only reason it hasn't happened is because the AD and President refuse to do something that would wildly increase their pay and prestige as our inexorable rise to national glory proceeds.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie