Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: First time poster here-honest question

Default Re: First time poster here-honest question

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I also think that we really need to raise the level of the MBB program and the university as a whole because those are good goals regardless of whether NDSU goes FBS or not
    Solid statement

No idea if this guy is legit or not, but you can expect a fair bit of troll traffic between now and signing day, for obvious reasons.

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TiderinTexas View Post
    Hi guys, I'm an Alabama alum and have watched NDSU a number of times on the TV. Tremendous respect for what all the program has accomplished at the Division IAA (or FCS) level.

Do you know or think that NDSU will eventually move to the Division IA (FBS) ranks? Honestly, I think they could be pretty good to VERY successful at that level. I would think the Mountain West would be the most logical FBS move, if they were to make that move.

I watch a fair amount of Mountain West football and I think right now, NDSU could beat most (if not all) of those teams.

Anyhow, good luck and I was curious to see what you guys thought.

Why on earth would an Alabama fan in Texas watch Mountain West football and care about whether the Bison want to be FBS? Check the location from which this username was registered!
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

One other item that hasn't been mentioned and is probably the biggest hurdle is we bring absolutely nothing as a media market to any conference.

Anyway we can just set a script to re"replay" this thread everytine Lakes takes on another personality and asks the same question? It's actually the most civil discourse about this topic on the board. (so far)

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Bison Loaf is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    "The football hotbed of the high plains."

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post

Some people think that process of going FBS looks like this:

1. Make a lot of noise about going FBS (Let's have a pep rally!)
    2. Cold call FBS conferences
    3. ????
    4. Profit.
    C’mon tony, go ahead and say what you’re REALLY thinking. I’m a big boy and I can take it.

3. Light a fire under Loaf’s fat ass to get AC/DC in here.

I fully support moving to Divison I.

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    I fully support moving to Divison I.
    would you win this trophy?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    Why on earth would an Alabama fan in Texas watch Mountain West football and care about whether the Bison want to be FBS? Check the location from which this username was registered!
    Well, I AM an Alabama alum, work in Texas (gotta go where the money/job is) and am a HUGE college football junkie. I'll watch all kinds of levels of football, from Division III to FBS. I'm amazed at how testy you guys are.

Well, I AM an Alabama alum, work in Texas (gotta go where the money/job is) and am a HUGE college football junkie. I'll watch all kinds of levels of football, from Division III to FBS. I'm amazed at how testy you guys are.
    Welcome to Bisonville. For anyone who doesn't think he is legit google his screen name.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Guys, as I have said, I have NEVER been to this board until just recently. Have NO clue about your fan base, how you think, what are the prevailing ideas about the program, and have no idea of your board's history, who said what, who offended who, etc.

I have admired your team's performance for some time. All I know about NDSU is your record of excellence and sweet 8 lb 3 oz baby Jesus, it's INSANELY cold in North Dakota (my son is active duty Air Force stationed in Minot and we've visited several times).

I regularly post on the Alabama 247.com board and we from time to time have fans of different schools post. We're generally welcoming about those guys posting there (as long as they're respectful). I believe I was respectful in posting but apparently I've pissed most of you off.

So, I wish you all well and won't bother you anymore.

The anti FBS crowd here on Bisonville get their panties in a bunch anytime people who want to grow the program talk of the need to move to FBS. Please keep posting and encourage those stuck in the mud to realize there is a better place to be.