Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: First time poster here-honest question

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: First time poster here-honest question

Quote Originally Posted by TiderinTexas View Post
    Guys, as I have said, I have NEVER been to this board until just recently. Have NO clue about your fan base, how you think, what are the prevailing ideas about the program, and have no idea of your board's history, who said what, who offended who, etc.

I have admired your team's performance for some time. All I know about NDSU is your record of excellence and sweet 8 lb 3 oz baby Jesus, it's INSANELY cold in North Dakota (my son is active duty Air Force stationed in Minot and we've visited several times).

I regularly post on the Alabama 247.com board and we from time to time have fans of different schools post. We're generally welcoming about those guys posting there (as long as they're respectful). I believe I was respectful in posting but apparently I've pissed most of you off.

So, I wish you all well and won't bother you anymore.
    The cypanther guy you quoted is a Iowa St fan

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Sports writers still help pick the top 4 teams via the AP poll, don't they? The FCS playoffs would be less exciting if there were just four teams and an undefeated conference champion was left out.
    No. it’s 12 people in a room, just like the FCS, except, at least so far, smarter about their selections.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

You walked into a hornet's nest that is the FBS discussion on Bisonville. It's been going on for years and has only gotten more divided and more intense. you're just unlucky enough to touch on the one topic that I think everyone is so tired of talking about yet can't stop needing their opinion to be heard. So in the end you get endless attacks even against the innocent.

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    The anti FBS crowd here on Bisonville get their panties in a bunch anytime people who want to grow the program talk of the need to move to FBS. Please keep posting and encourage those stuck in the mud to realize there is a better place to be.
    Not even close to as much as the FBS OR BUST crowd gets their panties in a knot.

What's Tinder and why is it in Texas?
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    Not even close to as much as the FBS OR BUST crowd gets their panties in a knot.
    I'm not against an FBS move. I am against burning the bridge we're standing on.

I've never seen a list of steps NDSU should take to go FBS that makes any sense because they all seem to be predicated on the idea that the only thing keeping NDSU out of the Mountain West is that Matt Larsen hasn't called them enough.

I've only been on BV for four years or so, and I don't post as often as others. But for the past couple of years, I have been pretty animated about two themes: pro-FBS and anti-basketball-sucking-under- Richman. It got me wondering if these two things go hand in hand. Are the people who get tired of talking about FBS the same people who get tired of the complaining about basketball? Conversely, are the people who want to go FBS the same people who are unhappy with where basketball is at? It kind of has the same feel in the intensity of the debate.

I'm wondering if pro-Richman and pro-FCS are the same people, i.e. pro-status quo. I honestly don't know, and don't feel like going through year old posts and looking people's posts up. These may well be two distinct issues where some of us are divided on football but united in our outlook on basketball, or vise versa. But it would be interesting if it turns out that it breaks down as status quo vs. moving forward. Or, if you're in the status quo camp, you might characterize it as realism vs. useless pipe dreaming.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post

I've never seen a list of steps NDSU should take to go FBS that makes any sense because they all seem to be predicated on the idea that the only thing keeping NDSU out of the Mountain West is that Matt Larsen hasn't called them enough.
    I almost get the sense that those who say move up now believe that if they get those who do not think the time is right to agree with them it will happen like magic. You know, the power of Bisonville. I am sure the President and AD are waiting for our consensus.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post

"hasn't called them enough" suggests he has called them some. Are you saying he has called them at least once, but has had his overtures rebuffed?
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Has very little to do with how good the football team is and much more to do with the overall University, dollars needed to be spent, graduate programs offered to get into a conference that would make sense geographically ie B10 B12. They don't want us cause academically we are laughable compared to them from programs, research, money