Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The talent gap

Default Re: The talent gap

Quote Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
    Well, for starters, this, which is a ridiculous question to ask (many schools do is the correct answer):

I’ll side with post #3 in this thread.
    Sure, many teams have talent equal or superior at some positions than what the Bison have. I guess we may have a couple separate ideas being discussed. Even given that, would you expect a team of FCS all stars to beat the Bison with a week of practice? Or even a month? I'll maintain that it would be close and would put my money on the Bison. Part of the reason the Bison have been so successful is that the whole is greater than the sum of the parts.

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    Sure, many teams have talent equal or superior at some positions than what the Bison have. I guess we may have a couple separate ideas being discussed. Even given that, would you expect a team of FCS all stars to beat the Bison with a week of practice? Or even a month? I'll maintain that it would be close and would put my money on the Bison. Part of the reason the Bison have been so successful is that the whole is greater than the sum of the parts.
    A week would be a quick turnaround. I'd take the Bison there. I can't imagine it's easy to teach and offense in a short time. The FCS all-star defense could probably slow down/shut down the Bison offense since they likely wouldn't have to rush more than four on any given play. Even so, stupid conversation.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    A week would be a quick turnaround. I'd take the Bison there. I can't imagine it's easy to teach and offense in a short time. The FCS all-star defense could probably slow down/shut down the Bison offense since they likely wouldn't have to rush more than four on any given play. Even so, stupid conversation.
    Nah, it's a fun conversation. It's been had before, but still fun. You're welcome to your own opinions, as always.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

If you had a team of FCS all-stars it would be mostly Bison anyways.

Lardsin must go!