Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The talent gap

Default The talent gap

Watching the MT state game it seemed they were overmatched everywhere.

so honest questions for the people that know the FCS much better than I

1- does MT state have anyone that would be a upgrade at starter for us? Anderson is their best player but not better than Stick- would we even trade Lance or Hotchkiss for him?

2- how many FCS teams have more than 2-3 players that would start for us?

3- if you made an all star team from the Big sky and gave them a month to practice what would be the final score vs bison in the dome?

Default Re: The talent gap

Quote Originally Posted by fmfantasy View Post
    Watching the MT state game it seemed they were overmatched everywhere.

so honest questions for the people that know the FCS much better than I

1- does MT state have anyone that would be a upgrade at starter for us? Anderson is their best player but not better than Stick- would we even trade Lance or Hotchkiss for him?

2- how many FCS teams have more than 2-3 players that would start for us?

3- if you made an all star team from the Big sky and gave them a month to practice what would be the final score vs bison in the dome?
    In all honesty, I think you could take an all star team from the rest of the FCS and give them a month to practice, and I'd take the Bison in a close one.

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

this is why other fan bases call us arrogant

other teams have plenty of players that NDSU would like to have..would I trade any of the starters..no because they have been coached to OUR system. Yes I believe Troy anderson would probably help NDSU in some capacity on the Defensive side of the ball.

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    this is why other fan bases call us arrogant .... other teams have plenty of players that NDSU would like to have..would I trade any of the starters..no because they have been coached to OUR system. Yes I believe Troy anderson would probably help NDSU in some capacity on the Defensive side of the ball.
    Well, NDSU actually has one team called 'The Two Deep'. Most other FCS team have a problem with their One Deep. That is not arrogant, it is either fact or envy or both. NDSU may 'wish' they had a player from another team, but its not a plug and play program at NDSU. That player has to 'fit' and learn the program. Physical skills are not every thing. Playing fast has a lot to do with mental.
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Honeybooboo View Post
    this is why other fan bases call us arrogant

other teams have plenty of players that NDSU would like to have..would I trade any of the starters..no because they have been coached to OUR system. Yes I believe Troy anderson would probably help NDSU in some capacity on the Defensive side of the ball.
    Next year might be just what the doctor ordered for this fan base. I'm not even buying Frisco tickets in August. I think this might just be one of these off years.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think it all falls on the QB position. If we have the same production as Easton with his RSFR year we’ll be just fine. The D will still be great. OL always seems to find guys that can ball. I believe Trey will have a very good summer and will win the starting spot. RB-loaded, DL-still very good, S- should be great also. LB-as long as Jabril is healthy will be very good also, CB-very experienced, PK- all taken care of, WR-wait and see I guess, TE-LOADED.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    In all honesty, I think you could take an all star team from the rest of the FCS and give them a month to practice, and I'd take the Bison in a close one.
    Well looking last year were 13 FCS guys taken by round 5 in NFL draft .. so a all fcs team other than bison would be starting all junior and senior nfl draft quality players..

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    I think it all falls on the QB position. If we have the same production as Easton with his RSFR year we’ll be just fine. The D will still be great. OL always seems to find guys that can ball. I believe Trey will have a very good summer and will win the starting spot. RB-loaded, DL-still very good, S- should be great also. LB-as long as Jabril is healthy will be very good also, CB-very experienced, PK- all taken care of, WR-wait and see I guess, TE-LOADED.

exactly I dont see where this drop off is supposed to come from. unless Lance and Hotchkiss are both complete chokers or something or the coaching staff disintegrates.. talent wise they are still loaded and Jabril will completely dominating next year. I mean have the bison ever had a average or bad O line in the last 8 years?

Reloading, not rebuilding. We have won with young players before.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by fmfantasy View Post
    Well looking last year were 13 FCS guys taken by round 5 in NFL draft .. so a all fcs team other than bison would be starting all junior and senior nfl draft quality players..
    Yep, and I'd still take the Bison in a close game. (Assuming the other team had a month to practice. With only a week of practice and preparation, I think the Bison win handily.)