Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 12-3-18 @ Iowa State 7:00

Default 12-3-18 @ Iowa State 7:00

Men's team is on the road at Iowa State tonight. See what they have in them. A decent performance in Minneapolis on Saturday but still a loss.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 12-3-18 @ Iowa State 7:00

Don't expect a normal Iowa State crowd. We are still preoccupied with football. Had a weather train-wreck of a game Saturday to make up for the cancelled South Dakota State game at the start of the season. We are all busy spending our money to go to the Alamo Bowl. And in mourning for the firing of Fred Hoiberg by the Bulls.

Expecting two suspensions to end tonight. Cam Lard, a starter last year, probably won't start. Zoran Taley, transfer from Old Dominion, was one of our best players down the stretch last season.

Starting lineup will include 2 freshmen, a fifth year guy (Babb), a transfer from Nebraska (Jacobson), and a transfer from Virginia (Shayok). #11 Horton-Tucker, a true freshman from Chicago, has been stealing the show so far this season. The guy just turned 18, but he has a man's body!

The team has played very well together. We are actually worried about the chemistry when these two come off suspension and two other starters (Solomon Young, Lindell Wigginton) come back from injury. FYI, Wigginton has NBA prospects, so you are lucky he won't be playing tonight.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    Don't expect a normal Iowa State crowd. We are still preoccupied with football. Had a weather train-wreck of a game Saturday to make up for the cancelled South Dakota State game at the start of the season. We are all busy spending our money to go to the Alamo Bowl. And in mourning for the firing of Fred Hoiberg by the Bulls.

Expecting two suspensions to end tonight. Cam Lard, a starter last year, probably won't start. Zoran Taley, transfer from Old Dominion, was one of our best players down the stretch last season.

Starting lineup will include 2 freshmen, a fifth year guy (Babb), a transfer from Nebraska (Jacobson), and a transfer from Virginia (Shayok). #11 Horton-Tucker, a true freshman from Chicago, has been stealing the show so far this season. The guy just turned 18, but he has a man's body!

The team has played very well together. We are actually worried about the chemistry when these two come off suspension and two other starters (Solomon Young, Lindell Wigginton) come back from injury. FYI, Wigginton has NBA prospects, so you are lucky he won't be playing tonight.
    You could probably win easily playing only your bench

Can we cover 22 on Iowa State? UGGH. 22 should not be hard to cover, but I wouldn't touch it. They have GROWN MEN! When we do well against these teams, we are full of upper classman. This year we have no seniors. This won't be pretty. I hope we are somehow growing from this stretch. This team has talent. Gotta grow up quick!
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    Can we cover 22 on Iowa State? UGGH. 22 should not be hard to cover, but I wouldn't touch it. They have GROWN MEN! When we do well against these teams, we are full of upper classman. This year we have no seniors. This won't be pretty. I hope we are somehow growing from this stretch. This team has talent. Gotta grow up quick!
    Ward really needs to step up his game and leadership. Deng better play big minutes tonight. Get Deng out on the wing area with a big trying to guard him. Give him a quick move to the basket or pull up for the 3 ball. Vinnie is a flat out baller and it is fun to watch him.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    You could probably win easily playing only your bench

We've been playing so far with only 8 scholarship players. Walk-on Eric Steyer is a crowd favorite because he made a three and took a bad shot to the face in the Maui tournament. The crowd will erupt when he comes in.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    We've been playing so far with only 8 scholarship players. Walk-on Eric Steyer is a crowd favorite because he made a three and took a bad shot to the face in the Maui tournament. The crowd will erupt when he comes in.
    so like the 10 minute mark.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    I'm betting we don't cover -22. EVEN with them missing some of their players our "young" guys and coaching staff will not put forth a competitive effort for 40 minutes on the road!

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

93-62 score prediction

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Shahid, Cook, Ward, Eady and Kreuser. Finally a change up.