Page 30 of 42 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Team

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2019 Team

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Not what I meant. Never been a fan of the 2 QB system either, but if Trey gets the start (my bet), there will be dings (especially given the way he plays) and there will be blowouts. Zeb (assuming I’m right) gets significant reps in those scenarios, and I would expect him to shine.
    Zeb = Nick Foles.
    Insert something clever here...

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Zeb = Nick Foles.
    So we can win a super bowl with him. Sign me up. The Safest bet would seem to be Lance running a ton. If he gets injured at all zeb can come in and win any game.

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    So we can win a super bowl with him. Sign me up. The Safest bet would seem to be Lance running a ton. If he gets injured at all zeb can come in and win any game.
    So we're basing these statements on what, two good games at Iowa State? Where he didn't make the cut. There were lots of cheerleaders for Dez Cain too, how did that work out? If I remember correctly, the first play called for true freshman Trey Lance was a pass play. Not even the immortal Carson Wentz was given that privilege. This guy is going to be a four year all star, Trey Lance, I mean.

I hope Zeb Noland pans out, but having lived in Ames and having followed the Cyclones for the last 9 years, I'm not overly pumped about Zeb Noland. Last years results with Zeb:

Iowa - 13-3 loss in which Zeb Noland took over. Very uninspiring.
    Oklahoma - 37-27 loss. Decent showing against a sub-par Big 12 defense.
    Akron 26-13 win which I will admit I did not watch, but being at 0-2 (the SDSU game was cancelled due to weather) everyone was expecting a win.
    TCU 17-14 lost to a TCU team that tends to be one of the better defenses in the Big 12. One of the losses that Cyclone fans look back and last year and think "what if".
    Oklahoma State - Played a series, went three and out, and Brock Purdy took over never to relinquish the reins.

I'm hoping that the night and day difference in offenses between NDSU and ISU proves to be the difference for Zeb Noland, but the games in which Zeb played last season haven't inspired much confidence. He had David Montgomery in the backfield and Hakeem Butler (among other wide out playmakers) to utilize, but the offense was awful to start the year. Perhaps having 5 new offensive lineman starters detracted from the overall product, but it was like a light switch was flipped last year when Brock Purdy took over.

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    So we're basing these statements on what, two good games at Iowa State? Where he didn't make the cut.
    Quote Originally Posted by mdh1 View Post
    I hope Zeb Noland pans out, but having lived in Ames and having followed the Cyclones for the last 9 years, I'm not overly pumped about Zeb Noland. Last years results with Zeb
    Interesting takes. Thanks. I think some of us can get a tad over-optimistic about FBS dropdowns, putting myself in that category.

I did notice today on the Insiders that Hedberg seemed to be playing up Noah more than Zeb. Regardless, very much looking forward to watching Trey play. Won't be long now

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Interesting takes. Thanks. I think some of us can get a tad over-optimistic about FBS dropdowns, putting myself in that category.

I did notice today on the Insiders that Hedberg seemed to be playing up Noah more than Zeb. Regardless, very much looking forward to watching Trey play. Won't be long now
    Playing Zeb over Trey would be a significant shift in ideology from recent Bison coaches when it comes to FBS transfers. I can't think of an FBS transfer who came in and displaced a guy we recruited out of high school. Small sample of course. Zeb fits in with the team well, I just don't see him fitting as well with our system, we need a QB who can run. And boy can Trey run

Does anyone know if Trey has added any bulk over the winter/spring?
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Does anyone know if Trey has added any bulk over the winter/spring?
    I don’t see why he needed to. 6’3” 223 is plenty filled out for a QB. Easton was listed at 6’2” 221 last year.

Quote Originally Posted by bison_by_blood View Post
    I don’t see why he needed to. 6’3” 223 is plenty filled out for a QB. Easton was listed at 6’2” 221 last year.
    Yeah seems right. I just recall thinking he looked a little lean in his appearances last year but two and a quarter-ish should be dandy.
    Don't believe everything you think.

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It would seem that elevation of transfer Zeb to starting QB would be contra to everything the Bison culture has preached and practice over the last couple of decades. Would not be a good optic for the new coach.
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!