Page 10 of 42 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Team

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2019 Team

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Re-read post you commented on and get back to us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I did and what am I supposed to find? Redshirting would have been good for him for sure. I still don’t see how he would be a detriment to the team and explain how he was “bad”? Did he have 50 yds receiving every game? No. Was he (as a freshman) not able to get open? Yeah I’ll buy that. That doesn’t make him bad. He was thrown into the fire. How else is he going to learn? Did or will the Bison lose because of him? Absolutely not. So I don’t see how he would be a detriment to the team. I’m genuinely interested on your take.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    In what way was Sproles a detriment to the team? Exactly how was he bad? I’m very curious.
    I think he is mediocre to bad at every aspect of being a receiver. I think he is slow, and not fast and quick like he was hyped to be. Shows even worse actual football speed. Doesn't have great hands, didn't get open, doesn't have any size or length advantage, struggled blocking most of the time, although he did make a couple key blocks this year, offers nothing in the way of run after catch, and has difficulty tracking the deep ball.

I have full confidence that Seth Wilson would produce at least five times the amount of positive plays as compared to Sproles. Sproles is a 4.6 guy,Seth Wilson is bona fide 4.4 and his football speed is elite.

If there were parallel universes and in one universe Sproles was the Bison number one target and on the field 90% of the time, and in the other universe Wilson was the number 1 target and on the field 90% of the snaps, Wilson may even produce 10 times as much as Sproles.

Detrimental because there are better football players on the Bison roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Alsen View Post
    The QB starting position will be Zeb Noland's to lose.

Why do you guys think he chose NDSU???

He isn't coming here to ride the pine, that's why he left Iowa State.

Time for this forum to get real.

I seriously doubt starting QB will truly be an open competition.

If the coaches were really impressed with either Holden or Lance, Zeb Nolan would not have been vigorously recruited and he would have transferred to one of the other 100 or so FCS schools.

No, Zeb Nolan was recruited to be the starting QB for the NDSU Bison. Book it!
    Not seeing a whole lot of truth here, if any.

I’m not saying Zeb will or won’t start, but he’s no Peyton Manning in that he can jump to a new team and expect the reins handed to him before his bags are unpacked.

Also, if the QB situation was as bad as you described, I doubt Jaren Lewis reconsiders his NDSU verbal commitment.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.
    Hail the BISON!!!

The QB starting position will be Zeb Noland's to lose.

Why do you guys think he chose NDSU???

He isn't coming here to ride the pine, that's why he left Iowa State.

Time for this forum to get real.

I seriously doubt starting QB will truly be an open competition.

If the coaches were really impressed with either Holden or Lance, Zeb Nolan would not have been vigorously recruited and he would have transferred to one of the other 100 or so FCS schools.

No, Zeb Nolan was recruited to be the starting QB for the NDSU Bison. Book it!
    Just because he came here doesnt mean he'll be starter. Great to have competition.

BTW Lance was promised a Boise offer if he didn't sign

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    This is one man's (maybe woman's) thoughts. Truth is, he was brought in to bring competition to a young quarterback room. They lost a scholarship QB in Van Dellen, he's replacing his spot. If he starts he won the job, if not, he adds an experienced back up. He's got the least experience in the system of the guys we have.
    Sorry man, but that is just naive. If he wasn't being given a leg up, he would not have chosen NDSU. Realize, the guy had a whole country replete with teams that would have loved to have a 3 star FBS QB with experience in big games against power 5 competition.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Alsen talks out his ass. He's either a troll or really dumb
    Yup now I see it.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Also wouldn't it make sense to have Williams back at WR next year?

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Sorry man, but that is just naive. If he wasn't being given a leg up, he would not have chosen NDSU. Realize, the guy had a whole country replete with teams that would have loved to have a 3 star FBS QB with experience in big games against power 5 competition.
    You think Zeb will be given the starting job even if he’s not the best option for the team? Now who’s naive?

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Also wouldn't it make sense to have Williams back at WR next year?
    I don't think they will have him on a yoyo like that, besides, he is kinda a multi-purpose guy and perhaps the best special teams player on the team; especially on kick coverage. Made some really great plays in 2017 when he was on the field for every kick coverage.

Another thing, why are some people thinking Jackson Brown is returning to safety when he was backing up both OLB positions this year?? Jackson Brown is a starting OLB.

We are absolutely loaded at LB. Three deep with talented players at every position. Hankey and Pauly could get beat out by the talented freshman if he isn't redshirted. Jack Begley will probably being backing up Cox next year.

Zeb Noland is good passing but career rushing yards -22 yards. Trey Lance ran TD two times in 2 games.